Respected Contributor

Target Today: New experience

I was in Target today. Everytime I passed an employee working/stocking he/she spoke to me. They said something simple like "hello" or "are you finding everything?"

My husband was in another area and when I found him an employee was helping him find an item. When she could not find it, another staff said tried to locate it by her app. 

I don't think this was just a random experience. I think Target is trying to up its game.

Respected Contributor

Re: Target Today: New experience

I had the same experience. I find it annoying when random people keep speaking to me, I loose my train of thought. On the other hand, when I need help no one is around. 

Trusted Contributor

@granddi I am going to sound grumpy here but I don't like it. After 8 or 10 times of being asked if I need help, I'm ready to just walk out. I like to walk around and see if I find anything interesting.  I feel like they are following me.  I would rather go to them if I need assistance.

Trusted Contributor

Interesting.

We went to Kohl's today for the first time in ages and the register associates were really friendly. And they didn't bug us at the end of the transaction about taking a survey.

Respected Contributor

@granddi wrote:

I was in Target today. Everytime I passed an employee working/stocking he/she spoke to me. They said something simple like "hello" or "are you finding everything?"

My husband was in another area and when I found him an employee was helping him find an item. When she could not find it, another staff said tried to locate it by her app. 

I don't think this was just a random experience. I think Target is trying to up its game.

Is that where all the employees are? They certainly aren’t at the cash registers at our Targets.  I’ve stopped shopping there for most groceries because they want me to go through the self Check aisle and I won’t do it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's about time Target upped its game.  I hadn't been in there for years until earlier this year.  But one time I was shopping with my Mom and we had to scour the store for an employee that would make eye contact and asked if they had any more whatsits.... we were told that if we didn't see it on the shelf it wasn't there.

That was enough for both of us... 

That wasn't the first or only awful experience in there... and recently I went in there for an advertised item.... on sale.  Didn't ring up at the advertised price and not enough employees to go back and check on it... It was an effort and a half with me finally going back to the item and ripping their sale sign right off their shelf and bringing it to them at the register!!  AND THEN... I had to go to their service center (with no employees) and wait and wait and wait for a refund of the overage I paid!!

No more target.  Even if everything becomes free...  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

They are trying to improve the shopping experience. 

Honored Contributor

I'll tell you what I would appreciate in stores,if they wouldn't block the items when stocking shelves. I know that shelves must be stocked, but at Walmart it seems to be an ongoing process, and no one moves if you need to get an item off the shelves . Save the hellos and let me shop. Rant over.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

It's about time Target upped its game.  I hadn't been in there for years until earlier this year.  But one time I was shopping with my Mom and we had to scour the store for an employee that would make eye contact and asked if they had any more whatsits.... we were told that if we didn't see it on the shelf it wasn't there.

That was enough for both of us... 

That wasn't the first or only awful experience in there... and recently I went in there for an advertised item.... on sale.  Didn't ring up at the advertised price and not enough employees to go back and check on it... It was an effort and a half with me finally going back to the item and ripping their sale sign right off their shelf and bringing it to them at the register!!  AND THEN... I had to go to their service center (with no employees) and wait and wait and wait for a refund of the overage I paid!!

No more target.  Even if everything becomes free...  

Why did you need to get a refund?  Why did you pay for the item when you knew the price was wrong when it rang up?

Honored Contributor

Plain and simple it's a directive from the Corporate office, this is nothing new. They feel tht it's better customer service to be helpful.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson