Esteemed Contributor

@Bri369 I may be way behind the times; however, I thought it was against the law to decrease the value of gift cards if not used within a certain time. ?????

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@pattypeep -- It's against the law now.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Just read that Target will be offering the 10% off on Gift Cards up to $300 both in store and on line on Dec 5 and 6 !! 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Just read that Target will be offering the 10% off on Gift Cards up to $300 both in store and on line on Dec 5 and 6 !! 

@Shelbelle - thanks. I've been googling, looking for this, but wasn't able to find it.  They're doing it for two days this year?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor
Don’t know about Target but Costco routinely sells gift cards that are discounted.
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle - thanks. I've been googling, looking for this, but wasn't able to find it.  They're doing it for two days this year?

Yes, according to what I read when I Googled, 2 days, I was going to post the link to what I read, but was afraid it would get poofed, like so many other helpful things I post. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Target Gift Cards ??

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Yes, according to what I read when I Googled, 2 days, I was going to post the link to what I read, but was afraid it would get poofed, like so many other helpful things I post. 

@Shelbelle - I called a few different Target stores in my area this morning.  The one closest to me said it wasn't this weekend.  Three others confirmed what you posted.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I wil buy mine online on Sat and see what happens. 

Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Just read the fine print.....   my son gave me a Target gift card a few years ago.  I did not realize the card lost value every week it wasn't spent.  By the time I used it in spring, it was only worth about $2.   It was a $25 gift card.  

I don't know if Target still does this with its gift cards, but I haven't shopped at Target since.

@tototwo  That's terrible. I don't shop there. Just don't like their clothing, etc.

Honored Contributor

I have never lost any value to using a Targrt gift card, that must be a very old card, they certainly dont do that any longer.