Honored Contributor

Re: Taking down the Christmas decorations

@LuvmyLab wrote:

I like to have all our decorations down and packed away by New Year's Day so when we wake up, everything in the house is back to normal.

Jealous! My house hasn't gotten back to normal since my first kid was born, and he'll be 39 in March.

Ours will be up at least until Jan15th.

Honored Contributor

I think this year many put up their trees and decorated earlier this year because they were anxious to have some decorations up and something to look forward to...after being ****** inside for so long. I thought people would leave their things up longer also...but sounds like many in here have already put their things down. I have some ornaments off the tree but not all of them. Will finish tomorrow. I need to figure out what to put on my front door when I take down the Christmas wreath, what do you put up between Christmas and Valentine’s?
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess wrote:
I think this year many put up their trees and decorated earlier this year because they were anxious to have some decorations up and something to look forward to...after being ****** inside for so long. I thought people would leave their things up longer also...but sounds like many in here have already put their things down. I have some ornaments off the tree but not all of them. Will finish tomorrow. I need to figure out what to put on my front door when I take down the Christmas wreath, what do you put up between Christmas and Valentine’s?

Funny, I was just thinking the same about my wreaths...for Xmas I have tear drop shaped swags on my double doors, and this week I'll be taking those down and putting up my white with red cranberry wreaths-those will stay until probably Mid March or when winter is pretty much over.  Then my Easter wreaths go up in April. I don't do anything for valentines anymore.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

Usually the day after Xmas but we did it today.  Since I take my holidays one at a time and in order, I like to have Xmas done before NYDay.   Only seems fair to NYD.  

Frequent Contributor

I took our tree down yesterday as it had been up since November 1.  I use to take it down New Year's Day but yesterday was a rainy and dreary day in CT and I had the energy to do it so I took advantage of the opportunity.  I put away all Christmas items but leave my snowmen, winter themed throws and pillows, etc. They'll probably be put away some time in mid January, about the time I'm getting sick of winter.  My flameless candles always stay and I just change the candle rings for the seasons.  I really enjoyed Christmas decor this year.  It made me happy especially after the year we have all had.  

Respected Contributor

Halfway through January--or later.