Honored Contributor

Re: Taking a Break From Here!

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

Sometimes we all need a break.  Enjoy!

Exactly.  I took a 1-month break a few years ago and found the absence to be productive.  I bet some posters were glad for the respite from my opinions.

No!   But like you, I found other things to do with my time!

Respected Contributor

I don't post much, mostly read, but find that I do need to take frequent breaks from these boards just to maintain my sanity.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66.  The post you got so upset about was zapped as the OP deleted her original post and I think asked mods to delete the thread as she was getting posts that weren't very nice. Enjoy your sabbatical as I have taken many from these boards.

Esteemed Contributor

It's sad that you (and anyone) would need to take a break from posting your thoughts and opinions. This forum can be difficult at times with negative and nasty posts. You have to do what feels right to you, but no one should feel like they need to "shut down" because of their opinions. I've enjoyed reading your comments whether I agree or not. Thankfully we have the right to do that. I believe that there are more good people who are willing to listen to a variety of opinions, and hopefully this forum will remain that way. My best thoughts to you, Annabellethecat.

Super Contributor

I stopped posting three years ago.  It was when the forums were revamped and I didn't want to take the time to fiqure them out.  I was ready to leave anyway. I rarely visit the forums anymore.  How interesting that I happened to visit today and saw your post.  You were one of the kindest and most interesting people. But life is short and we are the architects of our environments.  It's all about quality of life. If you need a break, take it.  But when I read the forums again, I hope you have returned. If not, there are many fulfilling activities out there.

Esteemed Contributor

Have no idea what or who has been zapping you, but noticed recently you had been having problems and were unhappy with a situation. For that, I'm so sorry. Been there for over a year; it's miserable. Had hoped sharing my experience with a nasty poster (to me and many others) would have helped. Finally spoke up. The mods watched as she hung herself time and again with verbal assaults, bullying and name calling. She was saying all kinds of inaccurate stuff about me. She was banned for 48 hours and her return has been low key.

You are one of the most delightful posters on this forum. I may not comment on all of your posts, but hopefully I remember to Heart them! You bring so much joy with your writing skills and written word. The laughter resonates throughout my home when reading some of your fabulous posts.

It's sad when good people are bullied into submission by those who are so insecure. I could go on with the personality traits, but would become political and/or religious. 

Hope you are only taking a short "cooling off" sabbatical. We need your warmth and amazing writing style on these forums for humor and, frankly, to keep up awake some days! (There are days it's all about proofreading due to lack of substance without politics, etc., being mentioned.)  <facepalm> <silly giggle>

Be well and return with a robust energy for writing up a storm! Your audience awaits the upcoming posts with anticipated breath. Warm hugs. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@septemberi have been posting with you for years.I remember years ago when I first started posting you and a few others helped me so much.I used to get my cap locks stuck on capitals often and I didn’t know why you guys kept asking me why I was angry all of the timeLOL. I was dex back then.I have enjoyed posting with you over the years...glad you are here.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@septemberi have been posting with you for years.I remember years ago when I first started posting you and a few others helped me so much.I used to get my cap locks stuck on capitals often and I didn’t know why you guys kept asking me why I was angry all of the timeLOL. I was dex back then.I have enjoyed posting with you over the years...glad you are here.

Lol!  All caps could be interpreted as anger.  Usually, I see it as shouting.  Some people could be angry as they're shouting.  But some people could be trying to get noticed! @dex.  Glad you stuck around 😀

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, I will miss you!  I’m a sometimes poster on the board but always enjoy your perspective!   I respect your need to be away but do look forward to your return.

Trusted Contributor

@butterfly123, hello!  I will read /respond to your wicked sense of humor!  I’ve enjoyed your posts but mostly read than rather than respond.  Keep ‘em coming!