Honored Contributor

RIP Jeff Nix - Boxer Rescue of America

I'm not sure if anyone is aware of the rescue group called Boxer Rescue of America that was started by Jeff Nix.  Jeff was very big in the boxer community.

Jeff began the tradition of the "Freedom Burger" for all the dogs he rescued.  As soon as he rescued the dog, he drove to the nearest McDonalds and bought them a hamburger. 

Jeff died Saturday in an automobile accident in Colorado.  He just got done rehoming a dog. He was 42 years old.  The boxer world will greatly miss Jeff and all the wonderful work he did rescuing and rehoming dogs. 

Honored Contributor

Re: RIP Jeff Nix - Boxer Rescue of America

Honored Contributor

I swear I was in the Pet Lovers forum when I created this.  I'm not sure how it ended up in Community Chat. 

Honored Contributor

This is so sad. I hate things like this to happen. RIP

Honored Contributor

Hoping there is someone in the organization that will step up to continue this gentleman's good works.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@feline groovy

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I did not know this man or his obvious deep concern about animals, specifically the canine Boxer Rescue work he obviously has done. It is always sad to lose people that can relate so closely with domestic canines that seem to be so dispensable, even to owners that give them up after having them for years.

As you might remember .my wife has been on the Board of the 5 State Boxer Rescue, known as The Northern Plains Boxer Rescue, for many years now. She regularly travels to KC to pick up boxer rescues, and then has taken them as far north as South Dakota, from our home in NE.

My condolences to his family and my Mr. Nix Rest in Peace!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Jeff NIx,

https://theartmad.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Rest-In-Peace-Candle-1.gif

Super Contributor

@Lipstickdiva I have followed Jeff Nix for a long time. I was very saddened by his death. I bought my boxer his freedom burger on Monday to honor his memory. I am a member of the group Everyday Boxer that he was active in. Hundreds of us got freedom burgers for our boxers. He died way too young and my heart aches for his family. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@feline groovy

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I did not know this man or his obvious deep concern about animals, specifically the canine Boxer Rescue work he obviously has done. It is always sad to lose people that can relate so closely with domestic canines that seem to be so dispensable, even to owners that give them up after having them for years.

As you might remember .my wife has been on the Board of the 5 State Boxer Rescue, known as The Northern Plains Boxer Rescue, for many years now. She regularly travels to KC to pick up boxer rescues, and then has taken them as far north as South Dakota, from our home in NE.

My condolences to his family and my Mr. Nix Rest in Peace!

hckynut(john)

@hckynut:  exactly why I alerted you.  

Honored Contributor

May he have eternal peace.

And may his wonderful organization grow and help more and more dogs.