Honored Contributor

No talk of it ,bet food tastes great using it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

DH wants one but we don't need it. LOL!!! Not turning on Q so he can see it either. He already has a huge offset smoker plus a Masterbuilt smoker.

I know it uses pellets. A guy DH works with drove up to Kansas to buy one.

Valued Contributor

The idea of using wood to grill is appealing, but this thing is much too heavy for a 70 year single female who lives alone.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest @Food does taste great on those but you have to learn how to use them and you have to monitor it.My son bought an electric one for 150 and loves the results.My neighbor bought one like the Q is selling and ended up resaling it.He wasn’t in to all the fine tuning and involvement required.He couldn’t get the smoke right and often his fire went out while he wasnt paying attention.

Esteemed Contributor

DH watched and wanted it.  Of course I ordered it. Copper (or whatever they call it)

We keep talking about everthing he will cook! turkey, duck, pork chops

I can't wait to get it.

Honored Contributor

@LexaMom wrote:

The idea of using wood to grill is appealing, but this thing is much too heavy for a 70 year single female who lives alone.

Same here.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

@dex wrote:

@goldensrbest @Food does taste great on those but you have to learn how to use them and you have to monitor it.My son bought an electric one for 150 and loves the results.My neighbor bought one like the Q is selling and ended up resaling it.He wasn’t in to all the fine tuning and involvement required.He couldn’t get the smoke right and often his fire went out while he wasnt paying attention.

Sounds like the newer higher priced ones need less attention.. they have sensors that add more wood pellets if the temp drops.  

Honored Contributor

I almost bought one for my daughter.  But we aren't big meat eaters in our family.

We just had a 4 way conversation about how too much meat tears up our stomach's and we just don't feel good if we eat much meat.

Even I couldn't justify getting it.  I buy a lot useless 'stuff' but I'll pass on this one....so proud of myself...Ha!

Respected Contributor

I feel sorry for the UPS person that has to deliver it. 

Honored Contributor

Our neighbor guy has a larger Traeger grill and uses it year round. If it’s snowing outside he opens his garage door and grills in the garage. He hosts his employees at his house and everything is set up and served in the garage. 

Yes, his garage is very clean and has a big screen television also.