Valued Contributor

My brother has the Trager. He's had one for a couple of years. The food he grills is the BEST - better than any other food I've had on other grills.

Valued Contributor

I got one for my DH last year for his  birthday. I dont think we could live without it now. We smoke on it every weekend and if he was retired, I would want him to smoke on it much more. The food is delicious.  This is a very very good deal for this smoker and it is extremely easy to use.

Beckyblu

Honored Contributor

My brother has one and he does so much using it--smoking everything from mac and cheese to meatloaf and all things meat too---delicious!! One year he smoked up a bunch of things, packaged it  all up and gave it to our younger brother for a Xmas gift----how about that !!! I have a reg gas grill that is fine so wasn't interested in one for me.

Trusted Contributor

@LexaMom wrote:

The idea of using wood to grill is appealing, but this thing is much too heavy for a 70 year single female who lives alone.

Just a suggestion.  If you have a gas grill.  Weber has a Smoker Box which  you can find at the big box stores, that we used for years.  Its a small metal box which you put the wood chips in.  You get the smell and taste of smoking on your regular grill without the smoker.