Valued Contributor

Re: TROLL? Why be rude to others?

@MaggieMac and all my other forum friends:

Your kind words are very much appreciated.  I started looking at the forums to find items for my fiancee and daughters for gifts.  After coming here a few times, I learned there was very wise people here to share information on all subjects.  The money I saved by intelligent women telling me certain items of jewelry were not worth the price saved me tons of money.  Everyone seemed to be kind enough to WANT to help.   When the weather is good I am always at the airport but the guys there would have no idea on earth how to guide me on making surprise purchases.  As a single father, I love to purchase my daughters items that are surprises versus always items they pick out. It is hard when your children have lost their mother.   You do not know how much everyone's help here has meant to me.   I appreciate everyone's input even when you advice me a purchase is not wise.  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

A shopping network board, largely populated by female shoppers,  is probably not a good place to ask advice (complain) about your partner's bad habits.    Surely you expected some flak.

I would amend this to say that any thread started to ask advice or opinions on any subject is considered an open invitation by the insult vultures to fly in and roost. They are delighted when they can form a group within the thread and will spend many happy hours attempting to shred people, make people doubt themselves, or feel bad about themselves; it's their part-time job/hobby.

true but some don't even recognize they do this.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shake it off, ignore the name callers, and add your two cents on the threads you find interesting. 

ETA sorry this happened to you.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Honestly - no insult intended, but you must be pretty new to online forums if (1) you had to look up the meaning of the word troll, and (2) you were shocked and offended at the accusation.

Rudeness abounds on any and all internet forums. There are people who get their entertainment and their sense of self-worth from posting needlessly rude comments. They have always done this and always will do it.

You either ignore them or meet them toe-to-toe; most forum participants do a combination of both. But you either learn to live with it or stop participating in forums - not just this one, they are all the same; many worse. The only alternative is a very strictly moderated forum that is as helpful as toast.

Let's not forget those who make false accusations against others, exactly what OP is talking about and what has happened to me here.  You should know that firsthand, @Moonchilde.

And then we have posters who have a one-time disagreement in a thread, or a couple of disagreements, and a grudge is held (and the slight brought up continually). That behavior reflects on the grudge-holder, IMO. That said, if a majority of posters whom I respect feel as I do about something, or in general, and agree with me, I'm not held hostage by those who don't. 😎

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

n/m

Honored Contributor

@NUNYA wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

A shopping network board, largely populated by female shoppers,  is probably not a good place to ask advice (complain) about your partner's bad habits.    Surely you expected some flak.

I would amend this to say that any thread started to ask advice or opinions on any subject is considered an open invitation by the insult vultures to fly in and roost. They are delighted when they can form a group within the thread and will spend many happy hours attempting to shred people, make people doubt themselves, or feel bad about themselves; it's their part-time job/hobby.

true but some don't even recognize they do this.

Oh...I think they do.

Valued Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

moroco,

i apologize on behalf of any rude poster here because i have found you to be a very nice and polite person.  it is shameful behavior and there is no excuse for it. 

please don't allow posters who are rude to upset or chase you away.  they are not worth it. 

Ladyroxanne is a very good name for you.  You are certainly every inch a lady.  Thank you for your kind words.   Let us hope that we all can get along and if not IGNORE POSTS.  We need to use the manners we teach our children and I will include myself in that comment.  

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Moonchilde, there is perfection in your statement. I wanted to give you a boatload of hearts in agreement.

@MaggieMack, thank you :-)

Respected Contributor

@INDIANA BONES

thank you moroco and i look forward to posting with you!

Valued Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

I know I will think about this the next time I ever post anything.  I certainly did not mean anyone harm or would be able to sleep if I thought I had hurt anyone's feelings.  We never know what people are going through at home and what their personal lives are like.  I guess I should compliment the ones that defended my fiancee when they thought I had issues with her hoarding.  That could be considered kind.  There is good in everyone is you look hard enough (or I hope so).