Honored Contributor

@rohanner wrote:

I still can't get why people were panic buying the toilet paper, it's not like it can cure the virus.

@rohanner 

I don't understand why you brought up a thread that's three months old.  Not having TP in stores in MAY doesn't mean anything now.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

plenty of toilet paper and paper towels but no disinfectant spray or wipes, but there is some bleach

The last time I went to Walmart they had a large palette of Lysol spray and Lysol wipes.   The wipes were shrinkwrapped as a 3-pack.  They had it sitting in the middle of the aisle.  I felt so sorry for the Walmart employee because people were ripping open the 3-packs to get one container since it said "limit one per customer" and he had to explain that the 3-pack was considered one item and an individual container wouldn't ring up at the check out. 

I was so glad to see the Lysol spray.  I haven't seen that in a while, but the wipes have been available the past few weeks.

Esteemed Contributor

Speaking of toilet paper. . .

We recently opened the toilet paper we purchased when TP was finally available in our area.  It's a big package of Scott's.  I've never used that brand before, but don't plan to purchase again unless we're desperate.  It's incredibly thin.  Anybody use that?  I wondered if it's always been like that or if they changed it to super thin since there was a shortage.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

We recently opened the toilet paper we purchased when TP was finally available in our area.  It's a big package of Scott's.  I've never used that brand before, but don't plan to purchase again unless we're desperate.  It's incredibly thin.  Anybody use that?  I wondered if it's always been like that or if they changed it to super thin since there was a shortage.

@wildcat fan 

TP is manufactured in one ply, two ply and three ply sheets.  Scotts is one ply paper ... and rather scratchy.  JMO  Well, at least you have some "emergency" TP on hand.  LOL

Honored Contributor
Dang! I need Clorox Wipes and my Costco has none. Plenty of Tp of all kinds and paper towels, but no wipes of any kind. The only Clorox brand of anything they had was spray cleaner, I don’t use it because you can’t control The spray. I hope this means we will be getting restock of the wipes here soon!
Honored Contributor

Re: TOILET PAPER ?????

[ Edited ]

I just get a pkg of tp each time I go to the grocery store when I see it and bought a huge pack of it at Costco, so we are stocked up. When I do grocery pickup, to is rarely in stock on the screen, says it is out of stock, but if I go in, they have plenty. I think lots of places just don’t update their inventory on their website very often. Target is the worst!

Trusted Contributor

At the height of the shortages around here, I ordered online an 80-roll box from Home Depot.

My husband makes quick trips to BJ's once or twice a month. He goes early in the morning when they are opened for those 60+. He's been lucky enough to be able to grab some each time. I think we now have a two year supply lol. 

Our local grocery stores haven't really had much. 

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@wildcat fan   I also bought that back in March. I believe it came from Walmart. It is one ply paper. It was a huge package maybe 30 rolls. Most of it is still in my closet and I told my husband that it was the toilet paper of last resort if we got desparate. The package says safe for RV's. I didn't notice that when I bought it. My go to brand is Northern.  

Honored Contributor

TONS of wipes at my Target this morning.  Both the Clorox and Target brands. 

Hundreds and hundreds of bottles of hand sanitizer. Several different brands.

Totally full stock of toilet paper, all brands.  Full to overflowing. They had to put some of it in another aisle they had so much. 

Fairly good supply of paper towels but pretty low on Bounty. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@50Mickey 

Scotts is "banned" from our house -- it's the worse.  My spouse said he'd rather use "newspaper"🤷‍♀️🙄 I bought it a longtime ago it was single ply and rough.  You'd think he was a tp expert😏

I was fortunate never had to search during the "great tp shortage" I bought 2 large packs of Charmin, Viva paper towels, hand sanitizer, wipes because friends & family were scheduled to come spring break.   We all know how that worked out☹️.

I like the store brand tp and paper towels from Sam's or Angel Soft.