Esteemed Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:

@elated 

It is a regional and daily difference.  And there is a difference.  I went to Sams senior hour and there were no paper towels, toilet paper, 2% milk, or wipes.  Frustrated I went on Sunday morning  and still no toilet paper or wipes. Toilet paper I believe had been a no show all week there.

What part of the country do you reside? I never realized that could be such a problem. I live in Colorado.

Respected Contributor

@elated 

Midwest.  

Occasional Visitor

Re: TOILET PAPER ?????

[ Edited ]

I still can't get why people were panic buying the toilet paper, it's not like it can cure the virus. Just wash, clean and disinfect, that is the most important thing to do today. Good thing we just bought a modern toilet https://bestflushingtoilets.org/best-modern-toilets/  which makes it easier to clean because of its advanced features.

Super Contributor

@rohanner wrote:

I still can't get why people were panic buying the toilet paper, it's not like it can cure the virus.

Just like before a winter storm coming, stock up on milk, bread, eggs, and the precious toilet paper. Go figure.

Honored Contributor

Re: TOILET PAPER ?????

[ Edited ]

We have toilet paper all the time now.  The famous brands and off brands.  Still have trouble with paper towels.  Bounty has all but disappeared.  I don't know what happened to them. Also printed towels seem to be missing.  They are available in white.  All stores in my area only allow 1 multiple pack at a time.  But they come in every week.  Just snapped up by the end of the week. So glad I have Wegmans via Instacart.  They have a  wonderful own brand of paper towels and toilet paper.  They are just as good as the top brands, maybe better.  

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird wrote:

We have toilet paper all the time now.  The famous brands and off brands.  Still have trouble with paper towels.  Bounty has all but disappeared.  I don't know what happened to them. Also printed towels seem to be missing.  They are available in white.  All stores in my area only allow 1 multiple pack at a time.  But they come in every week.  Just snapped up by the end of the week. So glad I have Wegmans via Instacart.  They have a  wonderful own brand of paper towels and toilet paper.  They are just as good as the top brands, maybe better.  

@songbird wrote:

@songbird 

We've had Bounty paper towels for months now. Large quantities at the stores.  I wonder why there are such disparities across the country with this sort of thing?

(But don't get me started on pop up wipes and spray sanitizers - or rubbing alcohol and peroxide. Those things are still scarce as hen's teeth!)

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbagsI don't understand it either.  Bounty is amost always out of stock in the store.  I see more of Viva, etc.  But even those are white, instead of print. The Wegmans' brand is still hard to get.  I do my food shopping on Thursday, & it's in the stores the other days....but last 3 Thursday in a row, it's out of stock. 

Honored Contributor

plenty of toilet paper and paper towels but no disinfectant spray or wipes, but there is some bleach

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@songbird 

We've had Bounty paper towels for months now. Large quantities at the stores.  I wonder why there are such disparities across the country with this sort of thing?

(But don't get me started on pop up wipes and spray sanitizers - or rubbing alcohol and peroxide. Those things are still scarce as hen's teeth!)

I ask myself the same thing, regarding why it's difficult to get certain types of products.

I asked a store manager about this at a Dollar Tree store regarding the larger liquid hand soap refill bottles that they were carrying in the stores. 

I have not been able to find them in any of their stores for some time now.

They do have the smaller 7 oz. type bottles for now, but I am looking for the larger size that you would normally find in any store.

I have not been able to find them anywhere, in any kind of a store, and not just the Dollar Tree stores. No one here seems to have them in stock now.

The manager said that he still gets them, but that they're bought out really fast as soon as they get them in stock.

We are now able to get hand sanitizers and bleach from the stores and supermarkets, and I have seen rubbing alcohol and alcohol pads at the pharmacy, but it can still be difficult to find sanitizing wipes, too.

If they wipes are out there, people buy them up really fast.

Honored Contributor

The last time I was at Target I got their last package of Charmin Ultra Soft.  It was a smaller package than I wanted.  I also needed paper towels and bought their last package of Bounty Select-A-Size.  It was the largest package I've ever seen.  I didn't really need that size but bought it anyway.

I haven't been able to order toilet paper or paper towels since the Pandemic started.  Kroger never has either.  That aisle is always completely bare when I'm there.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau