Honored Contributor
I'm in a shopping plaza where there is a TJ Maxx store and there is a long line of people waiting to get in. There is an employee at the door obviously limiting the # of people allowed in at once. I love TJM but wouldn't wait in line to shop there. Probably evening would be better.
Honored Contributor

We have Ross and TJ together too, but not waiting in line and now is no try on's, that is not a good thing for me. 

Honored Contributor

I'm looking forward to all our stores opening here in downtown Chicago but I think it will be at least another 2 weeks.  

Respected Contributor

I went to TJs today, they just opened again. The line to get into the store took about 5 minutes. i waited 10 min to do my return (online order placed just 2 days before they closed all stores) Another 20 min for the cashier to figure out how to do the return. Each register is sprayed and wiped between customers.

i looked around the store.  Everything was marked down and shoppers had their carts stuffed with merch.  lots of young college age girls and  moms with kids and teenagers shopping.  

Respected Contributor

Nice that it's open! I sooo miss TJM!  But... there's nothing I need to make me wait in line! Just no.

Honored Contributor

Not open here but I too have returns to make for things ordered online that arrived just as they shut everything down. And no, I don't plan on standing in line to do it. The sale stuff could be interesting. I'd guess they have a boat load of new that's been coming in so they've probably got a lot to unload. Again though, I don't stand in line to shop, especially for non-essentials. Shopping, after all, is supposed to be fun. Their website, iffy though it is, might (or might not) be back up, but it appears they're only processing a certain number of orders a day. Sheesh, I guess it must be good to be one of the few retailers that still makes money. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
@Skyegirl21. That's how I feel.
Respected Contributor

Must have hit it at the perfect time, I walked into Marshalls yesterday without having to wait in line.  There was a staff person at the door with a counter in hand.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

In NJ non-essential retail is open for curbside pick-up.

Well, that's not really open, that's place your order on line and go to the store to pick it up so you aren't paying a shipping charge.