Respected Contributor

Waht Can One Expect From China Lawsuit?

I would think our country would have to try to collect if at all, right?

Honored Contributor

Re: Waht Can One Expect From China Lawsuit?

What can one expect?  Absolutely nothing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

ZILCH.  

Have I missed a tweet about this?  😏

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I've heard a lot of states are suing China. It's just for show, as everyone knows China won't respond.

On the phone with DS today he asked me if I knew what was going on in Hong Kong. I said no. He said while the rest of the world is dealing with the pandemic, China is taking over Hong Kong with their sights set on Taiwan.

This scares me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMO, this is pretty much of a joke.  China won't participate.

I look at it this way...

What does it say about a country that can't or is not willing to protect itself from a foreign invasion...a virus, or other that can't be elaborated here?

Respected Contributor

@Jackhound Mom  Quick answer:  ZILCH!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I've heard a lot of states are suing China. It's just for show, as everyone knows China won't respond.

On the phone with DS today he asked me if I knew what was going on in Hong Kong. I said no. He said while the rest of the world is dealing with the pandemic, China is taking over Hong Kong with their sights set on Taiwan.

This scares me.

China's doing some interesting stuff. The two US areas initially hit hardest by the Covid-19 outbreak were Washington State, where our large west coast Naval Base Kitsap is located, and NYC, the economic engine of the US.

Naval Base Kitsap oversees the Northern Pacific, including Taiwan, and if disabled would free up the seas for China to move against Taiwan. China's been building amphibious assault ships (their 075 helicopter landing docks) for a bit now and you don't need amphibious assault ships for defense. They're an offensive weapon. China is clearly gearing up for an offensive move, and some suspect Covid-19 may have been a test to see if they could disable us both militarily and economically from responding. The fact that they bragged about their carriers still being fully functional and at sea while several of ours were forced to dock from Covid-19 tends to reinforce suspicions that this was a planned operation, likely a test to see if they could disable us from being able to respond to a future attack. You may recall that our military said fairly early on that Covid-19 wasn't interfering with our nuclear weapons capabilities. That came out of the blue and was likely a reminder to the Chinese that we have other ways of responding to threats.

China is playing a pretty high stakes game of chicken right now. They're making some bold moves and doing things that cause people to question their motives. These next few years promise to be rather interesting where China is concerned.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Suing China is a waste of time and money.  It's just another way to promote conspiracy theories and pander to the base.  

Remember, it's an election year and some people will do anything to win, no matter how how much they have to cheat or lie.  People need to use the gray matter between their ears for some critical thinking skills and to fact check everything with non-partisan sources.

Honored Contributor

^^  can be said for your side, too ^^