been able to do...cancel all sports, shut

down all bars, and keep men at home!!!!

Do not call the police on suspicious people in

your neighborhood!  Those are your neighbors

without makeup and hair extensions.

When this is over...what meeting do I

attend first?...Weight Watchers or AA?

J. Broderick

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  I worry about students and their education.  My friend is a public high school teacher, and the school started virtually at the end of March.  She said that it was difficult to get the students to even log on so that they were attending her classes.  In the end, every teacher was told to pass the students.  She is, of course, concerned about the coming school year, which will be virtual probably until the end of the year.  Many parents are just not cooperating and making their kids log on and//or do the work.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl ...Everyone with school aged children should be worried about their education.  What we are experiencing is far beyond anything we could ever have imagined.  I have  school aged great grand children on the east coast and Lindsay here in AZ.  Lindsay has been home schooled for years so all is fine with her, she is 17 now, college is in her future.  All we can do is pray and work out solutions to the best of our abilities.  May God bless us all and the United States of America.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Re: THINK ABOUT THIS

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma  I am so glad to hear that Lindsay is doing well in school and is college bound.  Unfortunately, not every family values education like yours does.  My friend is frustrated.  The school provides computers for those who are in need, so there really is no excuse why these students are not working.  I am sure that the college-bound students are working and she tells me that the ELL students are thriving, which is great news.  However, they do not make up the majority.   It is a difficult year, but this should be a real learning experience for the students and their families should be teaching them that, in my opinion.  There may be many difficult times in their lives, so really, this is just a drop in the bucket.  I would already have been bored and glad to get back to school if I was a student.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma  I am so glad to hear that Lindsay is doing well in school and is college bound.  Unfortunately, not every family values education like yours does.  My friend is frustrated.  The school provides computers for those who are in need, so there really is no excuse why these students are not working.  I am sure that the college-bound students are working and she tells me that the ELL students are thriving, which is great news.  However, they do not make up the majority.   It is a difficult year, but this should be a real learning experience for the students and their families should be teaching them that, in my opinion.  There may be many difficult times in their lives, so really, this is just a drop in the bucket.  I would already have been bored and glad to get back to school if I was a student.

well said  

it is very difficult but there are challenges in our lives 

Honored Contributor

IMO, the original quote is wrong.  Many people are doing their best and doing the right thing.  Sadly, those who ignore or ridicule what's happening will make things continue much longer.  

Respected Contributor

Hysterical, my kind of humor! Nice to laugh about these things. Thanks 🙏 again for your wonderful posts.

Esteemed Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Hysterical, my kind of humor! Nice to laugh about these things. Thanks 🙏 again for your wonderful posts.

@IMW ...Laughter is healing, laughter is the best medicine and I appreciate that you enjoyed the post.  I try very hard to ignore negative people, they aren't good for our health! Woman Very Happy