Esteemed Contributor

Renewed my XM for $4.99 a mth.  I love my XM but hate that they make you jump thru hoops to get a deal.  Called, spoke to two different CS people, fibbed a bit ( how I'm on a small fixed income) and they finally came through.  This beats their regular rate by $9 a month! So silly they make me go through this yearly ( customer for 15 years).

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Renewed my XM for $4.99 a mth.  I love my XM but hate that they make you jump thru hoops to get a deal.  Called, spoke to two different CS people, fibbed a bit ( how I'm on a small fixed income) and they finally came through.  This beats their regular rate by $9 a month! So silly they make me go through this yearly ( customer for 15 years).

@patbz   I decided I am  done with  jumping through the hoops.  This last  year  I did that was my last year. I will not renew when I receive the ridiculous letter in the mail asking for $295 or whatever amount they want to charge. I  can get it down to $10 a month with a phone call that is a waste of my time.  Never again.

they lost a long time customer.

Honored Contributor

"I'm on a small fixed income works every time w/me!

When I recently renewed my BJ's membership I even threw in how Covid-19 increased the prices of not only food items but also non-food items that I could no longer afford the senior rate of $25/yr.  That money had to go elsewhere.

Desk CR felt so sorry for me that she added another year to my membership at no extra cost - $25/2yrs.  I profusely thanked her & told her it was a bit of a stretch but I will manage.  whistling.gif

ain't' no shame in my game.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I’ve had to jump through hoops to get a better deal on my cable. I hate it too.  And if I can’t get a better deal and choose a different provider then when I call to cancel they say - did you call before you changed so we could give you a better deal?  Very frustrating. 

Respected Contributor

Dealing with Sirius is the worst but they do always come thru.  Just a pain in the but.

This time I did an online chat - it was easier.  

Trusted Contributor

It annoys me that you have to contact them every time, but I've always found it incredibly easy to get them to cut the price by a lot.  I just use online chat and tell them I want to cancel. That's all it's ever taken for me to get the price reduced.  I think I called them a few times back in the old days before they had online chat, but I much prefer the chat.

It's crazy the regular price that they charge, guess they hope that a lot of people just pay it because they don't want to bother contacting customer support. 

Honored Contributor

Have you all ever called to cancel and they just say "okay"?  I've never called but really hate to pay such a high price for this.  I just got my notice and think I will try to get it reduced this time.  When do you call?  Just right before it's due?

Day after day the whole day through, wherever my road inclined, four feet said 'I'm coming with you!' and trotted along behind. Kipling

Respected Contributor

Yes. call to discuss the bill before the renewal date.  I say that it is way too expensive for me to conntinue at that rate.  They will offer something around $125 a year.  If you dont like what you are offered, end the call and speak to a different agent.

Honored Contributor

$4.99 per month for 12 months is a good deal - well done!

I've found that it's best to drop coverage for a month or two when my subscription expires.  They'll come back and shower you with deals, each one better than the last.

Regular Contributor

They will not let you cancel!  I decided I did not want Sirius anymore, no matter what kind of an offer they gave me. I reported their shady practices to the Ohio Attorney General's office.  I was finally able to cancel my subscription with them after that!