Honored Contributor

Re: THE WORLD'S HAPPIEST PEOPLE

Now you're on a roll (pun intended!), @RoughDraft  Woman LOLHeart

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraftwrote:

Somebody cheer me up, please!  Woman Wink

Stop reading posts from naysayers Woman LOL

Turn on some Irish music ! @RoughDraft

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeachwrote:

Now you're on a roll (pun intended!), @RoughDraft  Woman LOLHeart

That's what I'm afraid of.  That pupper has four on the floor.  I can't do that!Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@iceRedfire, great point, I agree.  With the caveat that these stories and lists can sometimes not be as conclusive as they may seem at first blush.  I find so many places charming and conducive to "happiness".   Yet that can be a somewhat subjective judgment, and interestingly, that elusive state can flourish in so many places and circumstances.

Thank goodness.

Regular Contributor

@Noel7wrote:

@Oznellwrote:

Amusing article in "The Guardian", for those interested, which explores some of the paradoxes in countries' traditionally considered "well-favored".   He's married to a Dane, and has an obviously sardonic point of view, but with some interesting facts mingled in as well:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/27/scandinavian-miracle-brutal-truth-denmark-norway-swede...

Sorry, not interested @Oznell. We were having fun until for some reason a few people objected. Thanks, but no thanks, I am staying on the side of fun and truth tonight instead of false claims.  

HAPPY ST. PAT’S DAY TO ALL.

A new report out the other night finds that half of Americans have Irish roots.

The saying goes "on St. Patrick's Day everyone is Irish"!

Thanks for a positive fun thread @Noel7!

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

Honored Contributor

Hey, if anyone has Alexa music, today she has a great playlist of “Celtic” music for St. Pat’s.

Honored Contributor

I know for sure that there is enough happiness in the world to be sure that happiness in one spot does nothing to cancel out happiness in another.  There is no need to be afraid of admiring, or sharing, or simply viewing happiness or anything else good anyplace at all.  None of those actions diminish your own happiness in any way.

In fact, it's been shown that simply seeing something good makes us feel good almost immediately.

The world is "both/and" not "either/or."

Honored Contributor

@iceRedfirewrote:

@Noel7wrote:

@Oznellwrote:

Amusing article in "The Guardian", for those interested, which explores some of the paradoxes in countries' traditionally considered "well-favored".   He's married to a Dane, and has an obviously sardonic point of view, but with some interesting facts mingled in as well:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/27/scandinavian-miracle-brutal-truth-denmark-norway-swede...

Sorry, not interested @Oznell. We were having fun until for some reason a few people objected. Thanks, but no thanks, I am staying on the side of fun and truth tonight instead of false claims.  

HAPPY ST. PAT’S DAY TO ALL.

A new report out the other night finds that half of Americans have Irish roots.

The saying goes "on St. Patrick's Day everyone is Irish"!

Thanks for a positive fun thread @Noel7!

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

That’s true @iceRedfire

I want to thank you again Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft

Not to mention his extremely LOW center of gravity.  Nobody can beat that either.  I applaud him and all his counterparts.

So, did it cheer you up?  I think yes?

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeachwrote:

I know for sure that there is enough happiness in the world to be sure that happiness in one spot does nothing to cancel out happiness in another.  There is no need to be afraid of admiring, or sharing, or simply viewing happiness or anything else good anyplace at all.  None of those actions diminish your own happiness in any way.

In fact, it's been shown that simply seeing something good makes us feel good almost immediately.

The world is "both/and" not "either/or."

Nicely put @GingerPeach