Honored Contributor

Re: THE WORLD'S HAPPIEST PEOPLE

@iceRedfirewrote:

@Shawniewrote:

I wonder about the factors that were used to establish he happiness ranking because Finland has the worlds highest suicide rate.  Norway is just below Finland I believe.  They may have a beautiful country with a terrific social welfare system but happiness????  I don't think so.

@Shawnie

That's not correct though. This is what I found. They're not even in the top 25.

(My picture cut off the number but it's Suicides per 100,000)

Suicide Rates By Country - WorldAtlas.com

1/18/2018

www.worldatlas.com/articles/countries-with-the-most-suicides-in-the-world.html

IMG_0725.PNG

FullSizeRender.jpg

Thank you @iceRedfire

So far, all of those upset about this study have come up with false claims.

Why, I don’t know.

Honored Contributor

Amusing article in "The Guardian", for those interested, which explores some of the paradoxes in countries' traditionally considered "well-favored".   He's married to a Dane, and has an obviously sardonic point of view, but with some interesting facts mingled in as well:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/27/scandinavian-miracle-brutal-truth-denmark-norway-swede...

Respected Contributor

Somebody cheer me up, please!  Woman Wink

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@catwhispererwrote:

@Noel7...thank you for at least trying to start a positive, uplifting thread. It never fails, some always have to put a damper on it. Sheesh.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, @catwhisperer ! 

It was started just for fun, and I love putting up photos so we can all see what’s up.

I have never understood why some people always want to rain on the parade.

Honored Contributor

I am happy too but I see the problems of our society.It is about the accumulation of stuff.Stuff makes you stand out.Some people can’t get enough stuff and they call them hoarders.We are so busy working for stuff that we no longer have much time to visit our friends and family.We shop on special holidays to get stuff cheaper.We need alarm systems and video cameras...why to protect our stuff while we are away working or shopping for more.

Respected Contributor

@Noel7wrote:

@catwhispererwrote:

@Noel7...thank you for at least trying to start a positive, uplifting thread. It never fails, some always have to put a damper on it. Sheesh.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, @catwhisperer ! 

It was started just for fun, and I love putting up photos so we can all see what’s up.

I have never understood why some people always want to rain on the parade.

@Noel7...I don't start threads and don't post on these boards much anymore due to all the negativity. I was so uplifted to read your thread....until the naysayers had to chime in. Smiley Sad 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft

I think this guy seems very much in control of his own happiness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQzUsTFqtW0

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznellwrote:

Amusing article in "The Guardian", for those interested, which explores some of the paradoxes in countries' traditionally considered "well-favored".   He's married to a Dane, and has an obviously sardonic point of view, but with some interesting facts mingled in as well:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/27/scandinavian-miracle-brutal-truth-denmark-norway-swede...

2014 article. I think it's sad to find it important to try and cast a shadow on the happiness of others. Throwing shade on them doesn't put us in a good light. "Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make ours shine brighter."

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeachwrote:

@RoughDraft

I think this guy seems very much in control of his own happiness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQzUsTFqtW0

Looking for my old skateboard in the garage.  Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@Oznellwrote:

Sorry, not interested @Oznell. We were having fun until for some reason a few people objected. Thanks, but no thanks, I am staying on the side of fun and truth tonight instead of false claims.  

HAPPY ST. PAT’S DAY TO ALL.

A new report out the other night finds that half of Americans have Irish roots.