Esteemed Contributor

I looked at 20 pictures that were taken today as the royals walked to church.  As most of you who are interested, you are aware that Prince George and Princess Charlotte joined in the walk for the first time.  Out of 20 pictures there was not one smile or grin from either one of them.  Actually, in many of the pictures they looked confused and unhappy.  I think mommy and daddy made a mistake thinking they were ready.   

Not only were there a lot of people in the walk, of whom most were family members, there were the crowds lined up cheering them on.  The two of them have seen crowds like that many times, however, to my knowledge I don't think they were ever that close to them, had to be scary.

To make up for it, once they got home there were all the Christmas presents they received waiting for them to play with.  Now that had to have them jumping for joy.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Re: THE ROYAL WALK

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma I disagree about "mommy and daddy made a mistake." They are old enough to take part in some of these traditions. Their father will one day be king and it's part of royal life.

I understand them looking serious but that's fine too!

Honored Contributor

On TV tonight they showed the kids greeting the crowd.  One rather large woman grabbed Charlotte and gave her a smothering embrace.  Charlotte turned her head away and looked very uncomfortable.  I would have been.  As a parent, it would have been a no-no for my child to have to put up with that.  They need a barrier between the crowd and the kids.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

On TV tonight they showed the kids greeting the crowd.  One rather large woman grabbed Charlotte and gave her a smothering embrace.  Charlotte turned her head away and looked very uncomfortable.  I would have been.  As a parent, it would have been a no-no for my child to have to put up with that.  They need a barrier between the crowd and the kids.

I wondered if that crowd had been screened in some way. If not, that would have frightened me as a parent because there are so many concerns these days. I would think those local crowds know not to reach out and grab the royals like that. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma I disagree about "mommy and daddy made a mistake." They are old enough to take part in some of these traditions. Their father will one day be kind and it's part of royal life.

I understand them looking serious but that's fine too!

@Love my grandkids ...I appreciate your opinion to which you are entitled, however, to wait one or two more years really won't matter, it will be years before their father is king.   I would be more concerned with how it affects the children now.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma   I have observed the same.....I haven't mentioned it because of the blow back.  The children do not look particularly happy.  George especially looks petulant and sad most of the time.  Someone called it "royal" in another post.  Just my observation for quite some time.  Yes, you can find some photos that aren't, but many look angry.  It puzzles me for a young child, especially one so entitled.  Just my observation, I'm not offering any opinions. On the walk, many of the photos show more of the same, but this is not limited to the walk.

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma So a couple of kids are bored at some events. I was always bored in church at that age. It's no big deal. Good grief.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma So a couple of kids are bored at some events. I was always bored in church at that age. It's no big deal. Good grief.

@Love my grandkids ...I  happen to think very highly of Kate and William, particularly the queen.  I don't know what your problem is but please, stop acting like I am attacking them.  I am not the only one who noticed the children's reaction to the huge crowd, you saw it one way, I saw it another, please leave it at that.

Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma Or to tired to enjoy the rest of the day.

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd I think Prince George looks very unhealthy. And I think he looks very pale.