Honored Contributor

I made the mistake of ordering a product that I saw an ad for on facebook

Filled out all the information. And I got an email that said they had a problem with the City. Are Post Office is for 2 cities. We have lived here 40 years and always used one cities name and never had a problem. 

Well this company had a problem. So I went back and put in both cities. WELL, it turned out I ended up having 2 orders for the same thing. Tried to email and all emails were returned and tried calling and all calls go into voicemail and not returned.

This all happened on 12/10/19. I have been looking at the tracking of the package and today I saw that my package is spending Christmas in London, England. I have no idea how it ended up in England. The order form clearly states for US and Canada orders only.

This is going to cure me from ordering from an ad on Facebook.

Honored Contributor

I've had bad luck with buying things off Facebook. I won't do it any more. You kinda roll the dice there.  

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla.  There's another recent thread where one of those companies helped themselves to the buyer's credit card.  Someone suggested these companies sell cheap junk to collect credit card numbets.  Keep an eye on your account.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@drizzellla  I would also check my credit card for any extra charges, or fraudulent charges.  Hopefully nothing is amiss, but better to be safe so you can call your credit card if need be. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624:
and CA cablegirl - Thanks for mentioning that I should check my account - I already had my husband check our credit card. And it was charged 2 times.

So we are waiting for the bill to come. That is why I made sure I used a credit card and not a debt card.

Respected Contributor

I made the same mistake. I ordered some kitty fish catnip toys.  After I ordered I realized they were coming from China.  I placed the order on 12/2 and still don't have them.  But I've found things take a month being shipped from there.   I emailed them a few days ago and was told they're on their way - with a tracking number.  Luckily I bought my kitties a few other toys.  And luckily I paid with Paypal so if I don't have themt soon I'll file a claim thru them.  

Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

I made the same mistake. I ordered some kitty fish catnip toys.  After I ordered I realized they were coming from China.  I placed the order on 12/2 and still don't have them.  But I've found things take a month being shipped from there.   I emailed them a few days ago and was told they're on their way - with a tracking number.  Luckily I bought my kitties a few other toys.  And luckily I paid with Paypal so if I don't have themt soon I'll file a claim thru them.  

My brother sent us a "UFO" toy from China for Christmas. It is rather neat. It is a drone but you control where it goes with your hand.

It looks like he ordered it 12/8/19. It was sent DHL Express. And we got it 12/23/19. The package was opened because it contained lithium batteries. So I think you are right, it takes a month. But I am happy they replied to you AND gave you a tracking number.

Hope the kitties got their toys. My package must be having a wonderful time in London. It is still there. The package was coming from Michigan and I live in Pennsylvania. What a fun adventure this package went on.

Respected Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

@FranandZoe  I'm just going to jump in here and say that I NEVER order anything from an ad on Facebook.  You really are risking all kinds of scams. 

But, I did want to mention to you that I've found the best cat toys ever on Amazon.  Look for the Yeeow catnip bananna toys.  My cats love them, and, at least if you order from Amazon, you will get them quickly.