Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

THE INDEPENDENT WOMAN

[ Edited ]

1.   You have brains in your head.  You have feet in your shoes.  You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.  You're your person.  And you know what you know.  And you are the one who will decide where to go.                                                                                                Dr. Suess

2.   Avoid the crowd.  Do your own thinking independently.  Be the chess player, not the chess piece.

3.   HAIL!  Independence, hail!  Heaven's next best girl, full  of life and an immortal soul!!

4.   A woman can stand a lot as long as she can stand herself.   

5.   Single is not a status.  It is a word that best describes a person who is strong enough to live and enjoy life without depending on others.

6.   You have enemies?  Good.  That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.   

7.   You have all the answers inside you.  The more you trust yourself, the easier your life will flow.

8.   Promise me you will always remember - you are braver then you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

9.   We must become the change we wish to see in the world.

10.  Independence of a nation begins with independence of self.

11.  But while I breathe Heaven's air, and Heaven looks down on me, and smiles at my best meanings, I remain mistress of mine own self and my own soul.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam