Honored Contributor

I don't find the look in the least bit attractive. I'm sure she worked hard to get there, but I don't care for the end result.  Women need to be a bit softer.  She looks like a bulked up man

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Wonder what Joe thought about it.

Honored Contributor

Re: TERESA GIUDICE-WOW!!!

[ Edited ]

I think many people don't understand that the competitive bodybuilder in competition has dieted down to an extremely low bodyfat percentage (women typically between 6 and 10%) to show every muscle in detail and also dehydrated to show vascularity.  I have never seen a female competitor walking around in the off season looking like what Teresa (or the others) look like in these photos.  Plus, they get that awful fake tan to show the muscle even more.  

When they are not in competition they up their bodyfat level to a healthy and normal percentage which softens their appearance greatly and I don't think most keep up with the tan.  

The average body fat percentage for a female ATHLETE is 16%, a much higher percentage than the physique competitior.

Very fit women carry maybe 20-24%, and average women 25-29%.  AT 30% bodyfat you're looking at obesity.

Also, no one gains muscle by taking steroids.  They have to put the work in at the gym.  So to say that someone is "roided up" is just not looking at the actual process of getting to this level of muscular hypertrophy and definition.

I have no feeling about Teresa one way or the other and don't care to denigrate her looks (or praise them) any more than I want to denigrate the looks of anyone.

Respected Contributor

Re: TERESA GIUDICE-WOW!!!

[ Edited ]

She has 4 daughters and a husband in prison.  When does she find time train?

Honored Contributor

To me it's just sad that someone spends that much effort and time and so much of their life on that.  It shows how off base this culture in judging women on how they look.

Honored Contributor

I've posted this before but when I worked at a hair salon, there was a business next to us owned by a man and woman who were both bodybuilders. The place sold supplements, meal replacement powders, etc.

During their normal everyday lives, they just looked like normal, everyday people.  But when they were getting ready for competition, holy moly.  they were barely recognizable.

They went practically zero fat in their diet which dried their skin out something horrible.  I think they oil these people up so their skin doesn't crack and bleed.  It was disgusting.  They also got all orangey tanned up.  Their faces barely looked the same.  It was something to see, that's for sure. 

Honored Contributor

I dated a competitive bodybuilder years ago, and when he was getting "cut" for competition he ate nothing but plain chicken, plain baked potato and plain broccoli.  And just prior to the competition day he'd have to cut out liquidis.  It's a process, 

He got cranky.  Cat LOL

After competition he'd eat normally and get back to a normal look, albeit a very fit look, which was much more appealing.  His attitude also improved.

:womanlo

Respected Contributor

Image result for surprised cat gif

Trusted Contributor

I remember Tamra Barney of RHOC entering and winning a body building contest. Must be a Real Housewives thing.

Valued Contributor

I think it's a midlife crises thing. Many ladies at the gym hit their 40's and some want to prove they still got it. Nothing wrong with that. It's a hard lifestyle to keep up with.