Trusted Contributor

Be careful if you shop from catalogs. I placed an order from a catalog, not named Temu, but when the item came in was in Temu packaging.

Immediately I had fraudulent charges on my CC.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonMom wrote:

Be careful if you shop from catalogs. I placed an order from a catalog, not named Temu, but when the item came in was in Temu packaging.

@KingstonMom -- I had the same thing happen.  Coldwater Creek had a sale on an item on Facebook at a really good price.  But, my email confirmation came from Temu.  Still haven't gotten the item.

Respected Contributor

@Pezzie thanks for the heads up. I got a new cell phone the other day and so manu apps uploaded on it, including Temu. I just uninstalled thanks to your post.

Respected Contributor

It's not just what's you have on your device but anyone you have contact with. And it's not limited to what's included in a text or email. It's being able to attach itself to the information included in the devices and also the cloud of those you've had contact and then using those devices to mine for information.

Occasional Contributor
Thanks for info. I kind of thought so. I added the app a while ago and got strange and TONS of spam in my folder on my phone ever since. Not worth it is right.
Frequent Contributor

In addition to the important security concerns, TEMU knocks off copyrighted designs from other companies, passing them off as their own. The quality of their products is inferior to the original and the illegal practice robs legitimate businesses of customers and profits. This is a Huge problem in the crafting industry (where many of the businesses are small and cannot afford to take on TEMU legally) and, I assume, other industries.

Honored Contributor
@Winkk

Never shop from a link off of FB, IG etc. Many are fraudulent. 💕
Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

@KingstonMom wrote:

@KingstonMom -- I had the same thing happen.  Coldwater Creek had a sale on an item on Facebook at a really good price.  But, my email confirmation came from Temu.  Still haven't gotten the item.

@Winkk @This is probably because the company you bought from was masquerading as Coldwater Creek. 

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Under Chinese law the Chinese government can have immediate access to the records of all Chinese companies. This includes their records of your records. Your name, address, credit card information and anything else you give them. This is the reason why Tic Toc is currently banned on U.S. military sites and on devices provided by the government. 

The Temu app can get around some of the security on your phone.
To read more put this title into your search

Get this Chinese app out of your smartphone right now 

by Albert Khoury, Komondo.  com. April 10, 2023

Pinduoduo, which has the same parent company as Temu, PDD Holdings, goes even further and gains full access to your contacts, photo albums, texts, social media accounts and chats on your phone.
Its app was suspended from the Google Playstore in 2023. In 2022 it was named on the Office of the United States Trade Representative's list of Notorious Markets for Counterfeiting and Piracy.