Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Never used them, never will.  Same for Shein.  

I've made a conscious decision not to order from Temu, but I  have ordered from Shein.  Hmmm.  I never thought of Shein in the say way as Temu.  Should I? 

Honored Contributor

According to an older post from DooBdoo, Temu is unsafe for much more than financial information you knowingly give them. Below is an excerpt, quoted from DooBDoo's comment. The entire thread, including the full comment from DooBdoo is linked below. 

"Temu bypasses your phone’s security to do the following:
          Monitor activity on other apps
          Track your notifications
          Reads private messages
          Change settings"

"As you shop, Temu quietly bypasses any firewall and gains access to your location and can track you.
It gets full access to all your contacts, calendars and photo albums, plus your social media accounts, chats and texts."

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/TEMU-anyone-try-this-site/m-p/7975520/highlight/true#M790...

Honored Contributor

I don't like to use any apps.  I type in the web page address every time for everything.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I've never shopped with them, but there are tons of satisfied buyers out there with no problems.  

Respected Contributor

I am not surprised, anytime it "pops up" it looks completely sketch. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. The other one I think is just as bad is SHEIN. Nope.

Respected Contributor

I didn't know any of this info, but the prices were unrealisticallty low. That put me off them.

Thanks for posting this information.

Honored Contributor

@Nutzy wrote:

In addition to the important security concerns, TEMU knocks off copyrighted designs from other companies, passing them off as their own. The quality of their products is inferior to the original and the illegal practice robs legitimate businesses of customers and profits. This is a Huge problem in the crafting industry (where many of the businesses are small and cannot afford to take on TEMU legally) and, I assume, other industries.

This is the true and verifiable thing in this thread.   Some of it is magical thinking nonsense.  I don't use credit cards on any shopping site and never in a million years would I ever purchase something from Facebook.  There's a Netflix show about TEMU stealing designs and totally believe that.  They have hundreds of thousands of fashions on their site and add thousands of new things a week, they couldn't depend on their own design team. Not possible.  However they do sell what every clothing retailer sells.  No one 'owns" turtlenecks or black leggings or jeans.  If TEMU was a company based on Spain or Italy that operated in exactly the same way, they wouldn't get a fraction of the criticism.  As for quality, I can only say the sweaters I purchased, are excellent quality.  Every bit as good as any I have purchased from QVC.  Which I admit surprised me quite a bit.  

Esteemed Contributor

I respond to their emails and I buy from them.  They are pesty, one or two a day but I have gotten some really neat items that I use at great prices.  

I will be cautious from now on.  Thanks for the heads up. 

Honored Contributor

I have never shopped on Temu, but have heard horrible things about the site....My husband's niece shops with Shein and loves it, and to my knowledge hasn't had any problems with them...

Valued Contributor

@Flatbush wrote:

I didn't know any of this info, but the prices were unrealisticallty low. That put me off them.

Thanks for posting this information.

Exactly - cause for suspicion, I just don't trust them.

There are companies such as Coldwater Creek (and I believe Lucky Brand) who have been purchased by overseas companies.

Looking at their feedback online, American customers are extremely frustrated trying to get their orders shipped, and getting refunds on any returns can take months.

I had an experience with Coldwater Creek after they were sold, that was dreadful and will never deal with them again. Really a shame, because CC sold quality items at one time, and I had no problems with them before.

Just my experiences.  Cat Happy