Respected Contributor

T-Mobile Customer Information Compromised

[ Edited ]

Experian has suffered a major data breach. Hackers have made off with personal information of 15 million people who applied to sign up for T-Mobile's service last month.

Anyone who applied for a regular T-Mobile USA postpaid plan between Sept. 1, 2013 and Sept. 16, 2015 might be affected. T-Mobile used Experian, one of the three major credit bureaus, to conduct credit checks on its customers.

Here is the rest of the CNN article. I just signed up this past February so I'm impacted. I have to call the 3 credit bureaus tomorrow to put a security freeze on my account.

Experian is also offering 2 years of credit monitoring and protection to those impacted. 

http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/01/technology/tmobile-experian-data-breach/index.html

~Live with Intention~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: T-Mobile Customer Information Compromised

Experian is one of three companies that handle credit reports.  I wonder if they are telling the truth about how limited the breach was.  I did not apply for T-Mobile but I use Experian, Equifax and TransUnion.  Scary to say the least.  

I pay Lifelock to keep me safe.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

****** shame when a company holding confidential records on millions of us gets hacked.  There's no way for any of us to go to Experian, or the other two, & have their data on us removed.  Once it's there, it's there.  I did not apply for a T-Mobile account, but nevertheless, the security has been broken.  Sometimes I think it would have been better to have always just dealt with cash, never using any kind of financial institutions, & certainly never using credit in any form. Too late now on both accounts for most of us.

Respected Contributor

I add minutes from T-Mobile once a yr and didn't renew this last August. I wonder if I will be affected? That's scary!

Respected Contributor

I wonder if other Experian info could be in

danger too?

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••