Honored Contributor

Re: Sympathy for those of you up north

@marmot24, this little guy made his own path...  when it starts thawing yours will be a much more happy camper..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I don't know...I'm kinda loving the cold weather that has hit us finally : D

@SahmIam

no sympathy needed here either......i am LOVING this weather, FINALLY! i feel invigorated!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Yep in the deep freeze here in NE Ohio........Staying in, reading a good bok and having grilled cheese and soup!!

Respected Contributor

@151949 at least the sun is shining here today. Yesterday, was a mess. There were white out conditions and it was awful. My DD had to drive the road by Hereford and it was white knuckle. 

I think we are going to 40 in a few days, this warm winter has us spoiled...until now.

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@151949 wrote:

We are feeling the chill here in Florida too but nothing like up in Pittsburgh where todays high will be 17. Since I'm freezing at 57 degrees I have much sympathy for you all. We just turned on the furnace for the first time in 2 years. Get under those nice fleece throws you all get at QVC and keep warm. I just got home from sewing club - i drove down on the golf cart --- big mistake - and we were all sitting around in sweatshirts and fleece jackets. You all northerners would have gotten a laugh at us.

@151949 yes - we are all laughing at you right now - it is frigid here in Indiana!  I'm having a problem keeping my home at 60 degrees inside!  Enjoy the sun for all of us.

No sun today - just overcast and windy and cold. 

Honored Contributor

@NUNYA wrote:

@151949 at least the sun is shining here today. Yesterday, was a mess. There were white out conditions and it was awful. My DD had to drive the road by Hereford and it was white knuckle. 

I think we are going to 40 in a few days, this warm winter has us spoiled...until now.

My friend has to drive from her job in Oakland to her home out in the country near Keystone state Park. She wasn't able to get there until 11:30 PM. I think I would have just stayed in oakland.

Honored Contributor

I live in NYC and lucked out, we were suppose to get a dusting of snow to make the morning commute difficult. It is only in the upper 20's but as long as there is no snow or ice I'm good!

Esteemed Contributor

I lived in northern Ohio for 47 years and loved every second of whatever weather there was.  Now I am in central Florida.  When I was in Ohio, I did not need anyone to feel sorry for me.  It is what it is and you make the best of it.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

It was 6 degrees this morning when I came in, now its snowing and still frigid cold!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

I'm loving the colder weather, here in NY we just got 5 minutes of our first flurries last night and I was happy to see snow!  We got socked last year but no other snow yet this year. I miss it!