Esteemed Contributor

my granddaughter's volleyball team had a car wash fundraiser

today....by the time the girls were finished washing my car, i needed to be hosed off, too!!  what we do for our grandkids!!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sweltering Heat!

[ Edited ]

Kids in the city closest to us (in PA), got out early all this first week of school due to heat. In the meantime, in the country here where we live, Mennonite kids go to a 1 room school house with no AC. 

IMO its too early for kids to go back to school here. We used to go back Sept 7th or 8th. 

I love Summer but to be honest, I'm ready for Fall and my hot tub! I am sick of the excruciating electric bills this Summer for central air! Plus I'm ready for the new shows to start. lol.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

I'm crying " Uncle" ....I've had enough ....

Respected Contributor

But where I am in Upstate New York its supposed to be 70 tomorrow ....

Yea .....

Honored Contributor

I have to laugh when I read posts like this, you Northerners complaining about the heat & humidity and we Southerners have this every summer, year after year!!!  It may be hot, but it doesn't keep you stranded at home, which I don't do snow and why we moved back South after DH retired from USAF!

Honored Contributor

Each to their own, but this endless summer fantasy, possibly a remnant of one's youth, is just that around here: a fantasy... For those enjoying sunny and 80 with low humidity, weather actually conducive to outdoor enjoyment, take advantage of it. Around here, if you're outside for more than a half hour you feel like you've been steamrolled... This is not the lazy days of summer, it's the dog days, and it's been going on where I live for long enough and certainly for more than just a few days... If not being able to leave the confines of an air conditioned environment for the duration is the alternative to melting, then yes, I'm ready for it to be gone... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Sweltering Heat!

[ Edited ]

Some Cleveland area schools were already closed the last couple of days because of excessive heat and they aren't air conditioned.  There is an even bigger push now for schools to go back after Labor Day. 

Lots of people I know heading to one of our local islands for a big "bash" and a country concert.  The lake is horrible for those heading over.  The crazy thing is, the weather was horrible for this last year too.

It's 73 right now but the dew point is still 61 so that's fairly humid although much better than the tropical humidity we've had the last couple of days.  Depending on what weather channel you watch, some are saying we could hit 80 today and some are saying low 70's.  LOL 

Respected Contributor

It's been a miserable summer here in Colorado.  Way to hot and dry.  So much smoke from our own fires, plus the rest of the west and Canada.  Can't wait for it to cool down.

Honored Contributor

We are supposed to be at 90 pretty much all next week. 

So much for fall decorating.  I'm certainly not in the mood for that.

Honored Contributor

Southern WV has enjoyed temps in the mid 80’s this week, accompanied by high humidity levels that we rarely see.   We have also had intense thunder storms the last 3 evenings, with brief power outages as well as knocking out our satellite TV service, along with phone and internet.

Our summers are so short, and our winters are long, dark, and bitter cold.   I can tolerate the heat and humidity much better than I can tolerate the frigid polar blasts of winter.