Super Contributor

Re: Survey on Blogs and Forums

I hope QVC is reading this thread to see how some appear to be pressuring others to lie in order to "save" the forums.  

The reality is there are more posts in this community to encourage others to buy elsewhere than there are to shop here.  There are lots of comments in the community indicating people don't even watch QVC anymore.  The beauty forum is full of recommendations for products that can't be purchase at QVC, and many times they recommend something less expensive than what QVC is selling.  People aren't allowed to provide honest feedback about hosts and programming if that feedback is considered negative.  Overall, I think it's odd that QVC bothers to finance this community considering what they get in return.

Esteemed Contributor

@MezzieStarr wrote:

Yes, I had the survey.

They are probably going to change/get rid of the forums as we know it, based on the answers they get.

One of the questions asked if I was going to make a purchase because of my visit to the forums.

I see many people say they don't buy from QVC and haven't for years. They just "hang out" here.

I'm sure it's pointless for QVC to run a forum that doesn't help generate sales.

Screenshot_20240326-171110_kindlephoto-218321699.png

@MezzieStarr  Absolutely! Great point! You said it better than I could. It's nice that we have a lot of different personalities and people on this forum; but if too many are found to not be purchasing and just hanging out....then the element of "hmmmmm.....what's next?" comes into view. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1tuffcookie wrote:

I hope QVC is reading this thread to see how some appear to be pressuring others to lie in order to "save" the forums.  

The reality is there are more posts in this community to encourage others to buy elsewhere than there are to shop here.  There are lots of comments in the community indicating people don't even watch QVC anymore.  The beauty forum is full of recommendations for products that can't be purchase at QVC, and many times they recommend something less expensive than what QVC is selling.  People aren't allowed to provide honest feedback about hosts and programming if that feedback is considered negative.  Overall, I think it's odd that QVC bothers to finance this community considering what they get in return.

@1tuffcookie I do not see them as liars for expressing their enjoyment of using the forums, and their desire for them to remain open.🥰 Some see the glass as half empty; some half full!😁 I concur with some of what you say regarding comments, recommendations, and purchases, but I just see posters of like minds sharing POSITIVE experiences. Not everyone has a negative opinion of or experience with The Q.❤ I respect the opinions of those for whom the experience here is less than positive because unfortunately sometimes it is.👍 I also think that what is perceived as just "negative feedback" by some are many times veiled attacks and insults! So, I suppose it is how one sees the glass.🥰 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Geezerette:

Yay!  It worked on the second try!

No frustrations.  

Thank you.  Otherwise, I wouldn't have tried again for quite awhile.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Lately so many threads have been locked or removed completely in Community because of off- topic arguments, links, bashing hosts, and general whining about shipping, decline in quality, etc.

It is not a stretch that this forum may go away but others dealing strictly with Q products will remain.

Yes this forum is not exclusive to all negative postings but it would not surprise me if this one, TV, and Among Friends etc. may not survive.

The Q may just want to remain about products.

@Cakers3 Well said!🥰

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@haddon9   And if they did shut the forums down, would you continue to shop here??  I would guess that a small percentage of customers are on these forums so it may not be worth it to keep them open.

Would love to see QVC cut costs and cut the prices of their items.

Valued Contributor

@1tuffcookie wrote:

@Wayne-QVC If we get a message like this after we submit the community survey, did it actually submit?  If not, how do we get it to reset to give us another chance to fill it out?

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 8.12.08 PM.png

@1tuffcookie   I am interested in Wayne's reply since I received the same notification after submitting the survey.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 I probably would still shop here but honestly not as much. 

The point is, I hope they don't shut down the forums.  I enjoy coming here everyday and connecting with other posters who are mostly women close to me in age.  It's nice to see other points of view from women across the county and it really feels like a community to me.

Honored Contributor

@1tuffcookie wrote:

@1tuffcookie There is nothing wrong with offering information about products on other sites.  I understand that  QVC doesn't want us to give direct links.  I for one really enjoy coming here but at the same time do buy a lot.....probably much more than if i didn't come here.

Since you hope that QVC is reading the thread and could possibly shut down the forums I don't see why you bother to come here if it doesn't mean anything to you.  It does mean a lot to many here though.

I've been here for almost 20 years and would be very sorry to see it go.

Trusted Contributor

I just got the survey now and I answered it.

Maybe they are deciding on whether or not these forums are actually useful to people.  They seem to want to know if we are more inclined to make a purchase after visiting the forums.