Honored Contributor

Re: Surprising Encounter at Fast Food Stop

@lkat wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

@patbz  I don't blame you one bit for saying something.  I don't know why people's alternate choice in life needs to be shoved down our throats. 

If that's their choice, fine, but do they need to flaunt it?  They know perfectly well that is not the "norm".  They just want attention.  I would have complained to management.  It certainly can't be sanitary, as another poster said.

Please, everyone, don't jump all over me.......this is JMO.

Someone is "shoving it down your throat"  and "flaunting it" by working in a fast food restaurant?  If a woman collected your money at a drive through and had long, polished nails, would you report her to management?   Man, I am glad nothing in my life has made me as close minded and judgemental of other's choices in their life as some on this board.

@lkat. These judgements are promoted and accepted these days. 

Honored Contributor

From past experience (basically medical) and what I've read, there are policies thru OSHA and the CDC about acrylic nails and long nails in the workplace, whether it be medical or restuarant. 

Some of these fast food places, they could care less about their employees nails & etc..  We hardly ever eat fast food but next time, I'll keep an eye out for gloves and what their nails look like..  lots can grow under those acrylics so I'd be very cautious.. and this has nothing at all to do with alternative lifestyle, this has to do with doing what's right and the fast food managers making sure their employees comply with guidelines..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The young man working at the window isn't required to wear gloves.

Some states do not require people handling food to wear gloves - they cannot touch the food with their bare hands.  They would need to use tongs, utensils, spoons, etc.

Respected Contributor

I'm about as conservative as a person can be in my personal beliefs...but if I'd said anything to the young man it would've been "love your nail color!" and left it at that. Went thru a checkout once with a ton of cat litter, cat food, etc. The guy checking us out had on a lot of very well applied makeup--more than I wear. Our only conversation was, as he was ringing us up, he asked "How many cats do you have?" and we proceeded to chat about our pets til he was finished. 

People are people, no matter what they look like, and should be treated with respect and kindness.

Honored Contributor

I think the OP meant to be kind and the young man knew that. Why else would he have volunteered that it was his first job and he meant to apply to be a server. I do wonder just how long his nails were, just curious.

I personally am not a fan of tatoos but can appreciate the well done, artistic ones others have,

I like that men can now make choices that please themselves. I like man buns. I like that everyone is not the same.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vermint wrote:

I'm about as conservative as a person can be in my personal beliefs...but if I'd said anything to the young man it would've been "love your nail color!" and left it at that. Went thru a checkout once with a ton of cat litter, cat food, etc. The guy checking us out had on a lot of very well applied makeup--more than I wear. Our only conversation was, as he was ringing us up, he asked "How many cats do you have?" and we proceeded to chat about our pets til he was finished. 

People are people, no matter what they look like, and should be treated with respect and kindness.

LOL, I buy everything in bulk, too.  Huge bags of litter (40 lbs I think?) and always have coupons if I buy 32 cans of cat food.

So to avoid crazy looks from people in line, I go thru self check out.

I have two cats (only 6 months of the year).

So 'How many cats do you have?', well,  them there is fightin words!  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@patbz  I don't blame you one bit for saying something.  I don't know why people's alternate choice in life needs to be shoved down our throats. 

If that's their choice, fine, but do they need to flaunt it?  They know perfectly well that is not the "norm".  They just want attention.  I would have complained to management.  It certainly can't be sanitary, as another poster said.

Please, everyone, don't jump all over me.......this is JMO.

@Patriot3, nothing I could say to you would matter or change your mindset, and my immediate thoughts would get me in trouble.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

So it’s fine if the people don’t think like you? This is the problem with the world today. You cannot force people to believe a certain way. 

Respected Contributor

Your comment is judgmental! 

Respected Contributor

Sounds like you’re looking for kudos and an argument.