Honored Contributor
On 1/12/2015 WhereAreThey said:

O/T what beauty products do you use on your skin? You have no wrinkles!!!!

Not many wrinkles, but if you look close, I've got jowls and am also getting verticals folds around my mouth (which is why I smiled). I also had my eyes done when I was in my fifties, as I've posted before, because of very ugly bags that formed when I developed hypothyroidism. My eyes still look good. And I have "elevens" between my eyebrows which don't show up here.

Believe it or not I am lucky with my skin. I use Pond's facial wipes to wash my face and take off makeup, and Olay as my moisturizer.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor
On 1/12/2015 Ford1224 said:
On 1/12/2015 Justice4all said: You look maahvelous! Schiele in the background!

Gustav Klimt, my favorite artist. I have seven of his prints.

Oh, he was one of my DH's favorites, too, Ford. He bought a lovely silk scarf for me, depicting "The Kiss," and had it framed. So pretty.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor
On 1/12/2015 dooBdoo said:
On 1/12/2015 SnowPink said:
I wish they would post a photo. Why all the mystery?

There are some not-so-nice people on this board who are borderline (and some not-so-borderline) stalkers. I'm guessing that's why. I imagine almost all of you looking positively fabulous.

That's exactly the reason. It's not hard these days to use something like a photo to locate someone's actual identity on the internet. We've all discussed this before. There are stalkers, there are people who compile information about posters (I've seen one poster say she keeps a notebook on posters and the personal info they provide over time). Look at the number of guests online who read. Consider the harassment and personal attacks on threads here, and decide if you want that person finding you in real life. And stalking is not funny. In addition, I suppose it's close to a violation of the QVC standards: "Do not post any personally identifiable information," since photos are easily used to find people with today's technology.

DooBdoo, they've done that anyway . . . tracking my posts to years back because I post personal issues here. If anyone wants to find me, they'll find me, photo or not.

To be truthful, I may not reach 78.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor
I may just post my photo. you are beautiful
Respected Contributor

Wow!!! Stunning Ford! Happy Birthday-

Are you sure you're 77? Maybe you read your birth certificate wrong? I wish I looked that good right now and I'm a fair distance from 65!

Super Contributor

There are some not-so-nice people on this board who are borderline (and some not-so-borderline) stalkers. I'm guessing that's why. I imagine almost all of you looking positively fabulous.

That's exactly the reason. It's not hard these days to use something like a photo to locate someone's actual identity on the internet. We've all discussed this before. There are stalkers, there are people who compile information about posters (I've seen one poster say she keeps a notebook on posters and the personal info they provide over time). Look at the number of guests online who read. Consider the harassment and personal attacks on threads here, and decide if you want that person finding you in real life. And stalking is not funny. In addition, I suppose it's close to a violation of the QVC standards: "Do not post any personally identifiable information," since photos are easily used to find people with today's technology.

Which is exactly why I am too chicken to post my picture here.

I know that I would get cruel taunts.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Honored Contributor

DooBdoo, they've done that anyway . . . tracking my posts to years back because I post personal issues here. If anyone wants to find me, they'll find me, photo or not.

Ford, I truly mean no offense, but even though you know the dangers I think it's not such a good idea encouraging others without detailing the perils.

And I know what you've said in the past, but I'm rooting for you to be with us for a long time to come, my dear friend.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor
On 1/12/2015 Justice4all said: You look maahvelous! Schiele in the background!

Gustav Klimt, my favorite artist. I have seven of his prints.

Oh, he was one of my DH's favorites, too, Ford. He bought a lovely silk scarf for me, depicting "The Kiss," and had it framed. So pretty.

Oh wow, I envy you!! Imagine a man appreciating this wonderful (if controversial) artist. You are lucky indeed. I have the full version of "The Tree of Life" over my love seat in the living room.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

Ford, I truly mean no offense, but even though you know the dangers I think it's not such a good idea encouraging others without detailing the perils.

And I know what you've said in the past, but I'm rooting for you to be with us for a long time to come, my dear friend.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

I should not encourage anyone. You are right. But many post photos of their grandchildren. I don't see the difference.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor
On 1/12/2015 OC FRESH said:

So pretty and you're glowing! What's your secret?

It was a happy day for me. I felt decent, and for the first time in a long while did not have to cancel getting together with my beloved family because I was unable to get out of bed.

Formerly Ford1224