Honored Contributor
On 1/16/2015 RetRN said:

Lovely picture Ford, you are soooo pretty. I feel like I really know you now. I'm sad that you and your daughter's marriages didn't work out. Such pretty, strong, and intelligent ladies often seem to face challenges with men. Glad you enjoyed spending time with your family. Hope year 77 brings you much joy and happiness, you certainly deserve it.

Thank you RetRN (which I take to mean "retired nurse"). Sorry I missed responding to your post. Several posters said the same thing, they feel they know me better now. That is my feeling about all of you too, and I wish I could see that (forbidden) dimension in all of you who may want to post a photo sometimes, but are afraid of the reaction from others. Because I was so happy that day, I took the risk, as I have done a couple of times before.

I mentioned this to two of my daughters and they do not think I did the wrong thing at all. They both said if someone wants to find you, they will find you no matter how many precautions you think you are taking. Once on the Internet, we are all possible victims. And certainly 99% of Internet users do not know this forum exists. They've got all the well known ones to choose from.

I do not mean to encourage anyone who feels differently about this, or to disparage anyone who warns us against doing so. It is just my opinion. In fact, it is also my opinion that all the new technologies we have today are more of a negative than a positive in many ways, e.g., world events, texting while driving, blogging, putting our credit card numbers on line for purchases, etc. The Internet, or as Al Gore put it many years ago, "the information highway" is just that . . . information for and on all of us.

Again, thanks to all of you for making me feel good about myself in my somewhat sheltered life. It has balanced out many of my worries and ailments and I am not kidding. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor
On 1/17/2015 Ford1224 said:
On 1/16/2015 feline groovy said:
On 1/16/2015 RetRN said:

Lovely picture Ford, you are soooo pretty. I feel like I really know you now. I'm sad that you and your daughter's marriages didn't work out. Such pretty, strong, and intelligent ladies often seem to face challenges with men. Glad you enjoyed spending time with your family. Hope year 77 brings you much joy and happiness, you certainly deserve it.

That's due to the men's issues. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} So it really isn't "sad" at all, IMHO.

ETA: didn't mean to hijack your thread, JSS. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

That wasn't hijacking, JSS. It's your opinion and I agree. I like some men, but my brothers drive me crazy, they are so bigoted. One has done well in life financially, and the other is still "finding himself." (ages 70 and 74, respectively) One is bright and one is somewhat dim. But both are incredibly intolerant. Fortunately, they are both afraid of me, so when I say "enough!" they shut up!! [There are some advantages to being the oldest, LOL.]

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}