Super Contributor

@songbird I didn't know that this has been going on since 2012.  But I haven't ordered much for a while so I was surprised at the Sunday delivery.

Honored Contributor

@appm 

Been doing Sunday delivery here at least since the virus shut things down. My wife got a package delivered by USPS yesterday, which I found this morning.

Must be using cheaper non USPS people to deliver for them on Sundays. Our regular mailman knows where to leave our packages, and it is not on the Front Porch. Even the USPS fill-in drivers know where to leave them.

My wife knew it was delivered yesterday, but since I went ice skating, I didn't have time to hunt for it. Dark when I get home so went hunting for it this morning.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I've received a number of parcels on Sundays with both USPS and UPS, over the last few years.

I always keep an eye on anything coming my way so if something is scheduled for Sunday I'm ready for it.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, they have been delivering on Sunday for quite awhile. Don't know if its a temporary thing or not.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sunday Delivery = USPS

[ Edited ]

When I order from Amazon I get Sunday deliveries a lot from USPS.  This is the only place I was aware of that USPS will deliver packages for on a Sunday.  This has been going on for at least three to four years.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

Yes, Sunday delivery has been going on for quite a few years in our area.  We check our side porch and back entrances more than we ever did before for deliveries!

Trusted Contributor

I got a package this Sunday too. I was really surprised! It was a LOGO dress I ordered on March 6. It came in a UPS surepost express pack. I think QVC bumped up the shipping at no extra charge due to the delay in sending it out. Nice!