Honored Contributor

Suggestions: Electric Lap Throw

**I think I'm turning into my Mom**

👵 always chilly

I'm interested in getting an electric lap throw.

Lots of pros/cons...

Pros: Give me any suggestion of brands, etc.

Cons: Give me all your opposite thoughts...ie will I being to glow

due to the electric part?😆

QVC? Target? Sam's Club? Kohl's? etc....
All suggestions welcomed!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Suggestions: Electric Lap Throw

I have one -- lived under it when I resided in Chicago. I'd come home from work and spend the evening on the couch with my electric lap throw. I think it's a Sunbeam. I do not remember where I purchased it but I'm sure a simple internet search will reveal some sources. Highly recommend this item!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have one on my Christmas wish list...Hope I get it.

I love my electric blanket....I'm sure i will enjoy the electric  throw.

edited for typo

Super Contributor

I have several scattered throughout the house.  Love them!  All are Sunbeam brand.  I have fibromyalgia and sometimes I can sit on the throw and wrap it around myself.  It seems to help ease all the aches and pains.

In the past these have been readily available at many stores.

Enjoy!

Frequent Contributor

I have given electric throws as gifts.  Every  one was really hot in the house,  but the person who was recovering from surgery was always cold.  The throw solved their problem.

Recenly bought one for hubby which was a big mistake.  He couldn’t use it because of his diabetes.  I purchased it from Costco. It was a Sunbeam product.

Trusted Contributor

@squeaks 

Please forgive my stupidity in not knowing, but why can't diabetics use an electric heated throw blanket (not challenging you, just want to learn)?  I was considering getting a Sunbeam throw for a friend who is diabetic and would not want to hurt her in any way.  I also would like to learn, since I never knew this could be a problem.  Thanks in advance if you are willing to share so I will know more about this subject for the future.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

@Havarti wrote:

@squeaks 

Please forgive my stupidity in not knowing, but why can't diabetics use an electric heated throw blanket (not challenging you, just want to learn)?  I was considering getting a Sunbeam throw for a friend who is diabetic and would not want to hurt her in any way.  I also would like to learn, since I never knew this could be a problem.  Thanks in advance if you are willing to share so I will know more about this subject for the future.

Because of neuropathy, a diabetic may not know if their feet are getting too hot.   They may keep the heat too high because they don't feel the warmth the same as those who don't suffer from the neuropathy.

I have a Sunbeam from Walmart, had it for years.   I use it as an electric blanket on my bed, at the bottom of the bed just to warm my feet and lower legs.   Helps me get to sleep.   

It only has 3 settings, the medium is perfect for me.    I love the auto shut off, if it stayed on all night, I would get too hot.