Super Contributor

Re: Suggestion for QVC: sell maskso

My son ordered 2 sets from Los Angeles apparel.  One set in military olive  and one set in heather gray.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestion for QVC: sell masks

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@dex I bought some form Etsy ZuliKids.  They were made in Tennessee.  And they ship super fast.  I got them in less than a week.  I was very impressed.  And great quality, too.

Thanks @momoftwo2007 .  Did you order a medium?  I couldn't tell what size I'd need.  I'm assuming a small for kids, medium for women and large for men.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

There is a national shortage of masks, so why can't QVC sell "family packs" of masks (10 with one shipping price) seems like a " no brainer".

I feel like you answered your own question there. Someone has to make some before they can sell some.

All masks are not created equal and some of the masks being sold are better than others because of the materials made and the optional filter pockets. I saw someone selling crochet masks on Etsy that were literally full of holes. Tightly woven material is better than knit and cotton is better than poly or poly span blends. 

A lot of companies are cashing in and profiteering on the virus by selling cheap masks. Zulily had a bunch of really cute masks pop up on their site, but none of them have a filter pocket and when I looked at pictures, the cotton lining was thin enough that the print was visible from the front fabric.

I think more companies will be selling masks, but I hope they do so mindfully and produce masks with filter pockets and sizing options.

Honored Contributor

I don't need QVC to sell masks.  I would rather give my money to a small business when buying a mask than to a large corporation like QVC.

I ordered a mask from Etsy last Monday, it shipped Wednesday and was delivered Saturday.  It was from a woman right here in Ohio.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I only want products made in North America from now on.I am having hard time find8ng country of origin so have not ordered yet.

Hi @dex  I ordered 2 masks from Etsy - a seller in Portland, Oregon called PopSocial.  I think they are arriving today. 

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@dex wrote:

I only want products made in North America from now on.I am having hard time find8ng country of origin so have not ordered yet.

Hi @dex  I ordered 2 masks from Etsy - a seller in Portland, Oregon called PopSocial.  I think they are arriving today. 

Hey that is close to my place.I will check them out too but first wait for your review 

Honored Contributor

@Elbelle wrote:

I was thinking the same thing!  I would think that Denim & Company would be able to crank out these very easy to produce products given their already proven experience.

@Elbelle It takes a long time to design, contract for, get materials for and adjust production for big companies.  AND QVC's stuff all comes from China anyway.

To me, it sounds like a better idea for others to produce them. 

Esteemed Contributor

Just ordered some from Los Angeles Apparel.  

Some info from their site:

"Los Angeles Apparel is an approved government contractor. We are producing our own reusable, washable nonsurgical masks made of a Cotton French Terry in a variety of colors available in packs of 3. All consumer purchases of the Face Mask help fund our ability to donate masks to other essential services. We are supplying thousands of masks and other PPE to hospitals and government agencies every day."

Honored Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

Just ordered some from Los Angeles Apparel.  

Some info from their site:

"Los Angeles Apparel is an approved government contractor. We are producing our own reusable, washable nonsurgical masks made of a Cotton French Terry in a variety of colors available in packs of 3. All consumer purchases of the Face Mask help fund our ability to donate masks to other essential services. We are supplying thousands of masks and other PPE to hospitals and government agencies every day."

That's good to know.  Thank You!  Smiley Happy   I ordered a 3pk yesterday and they seem to be moving quickly.  By last night I had a shipping notice.  Hoping to see them in the next 2 days, as I'm California-adjacent.

Looks like they are making a good product.  Thank You, also, to the poster who recommended them.

Esteemed Contributor

@patbz wrote:

There is a national shortage of masks, so why can't QVC sell "family packs" of masks (10 with one shipping price) seems like a " no brainer".

@patbz - health care workers still need them but designers at QVC could make designer cloth face coverings