Contributor
I know this subject was talked about but it is time for the hosts to start dressing better. I remember when Shawn would only wear dresses. When she finally started wearing pants it was leggings,Jeggings and pj's now all the time. Enough already!

Kerstin wore a bathing suit and looked great but all she did was look at herself on the TV and talk about her boat. That's nice but still enough is

QVC please bring some new guide lines for your QVC hosts. How about Ali instead of saying SHHHRAIGHT you say the word STRAIGHT and stay the word BUTTONS the right way.

Know one is perfect but if your going to be a QVC host and stand for what QVC means you need to correct these things.
Honored Contributor

Maybe you are watching too much or the wrong channel.

Apparently, these hosts are not your cup of tea.  I don't think it is up to any of us to dictate what clothes Shawn wears!

QVC has people in charge of the hosts and producers in their ears telling them what to say and do.

It is great to make constructive suggestions, but these boards aren't really the place where they will be heard.

Other posters will just jump on board and make this a host bashing thread which I doubt was your intent.

Try contacting Corporate to get your suggestions heard.

If the hosts are not 'standing for what QVC means', their bosses will tell them so.

If these hosts you have issues with are making their sales quotas...then they are doing their job even if we don't like their mannerisms.

QVC is in business to make money.  Bottom line, they could wear potato sacks and it wouldn't matter if they are selling and hitting sales goals.

Honored Contributor

I have a feeling QVC has made a decision on this issue and what you see is going to be what you get.  First, the days of women dressing in neat little suits are probably gone forever.  It was an era and it has passed.

Secondly, their strategy now is to appeal to a younger viewer and the more mature audience shall we say, fades away.  Young women don't dress in business suits or flowery dresses.  They typically wear pants, often jeans, with a nice top and beautiful accessories, maybe with a tailored blazer or cardigan.  That's pretty much the vibe of what Q hosts wear, depending on what they're selling.

I think many viewers probably don't enjoy Kirsten preening before the camera in a bathing suit, but the youngsters among us probably get a kick out if it, and that their goal.  We have to realign our thinking and be tolerant of the times.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@millies daughter wrote:
I know this subject was talked about but it is time for the hosts to start dressing better. I remember when Shawn would only wear dresses. When she finally started wearing pants it was leggings,Jeggings and pj's now all the time. Enough already!

Kerstin wore a bathing suit and looked great but all she did was look at herself on the TV and talk about her boat. That's nice but still enough is

QVC please bring some new guide lines for your QVC hosts. How about Ali instead of saying SHHHRAIGHT you say the word STRAIGHT and stay the word BUTTONS the right way.

Know one is perfect but if your going to be a QVC host and stand for what QVC means you need to correct these things.

You're right, "Know one is perfect..."

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Subject talked about

[ Edited ]

I see you are a relatively new Forum member, so welcome @millies daughter.  Hope you return.  

QVC decided around 2 years ago to target buyers under 35, essentially sending it's older loyal shoppers to other retailers without even a sendoff.  So, if you see the 40 and 50+ year old hosts dressing and acting like teens and 20 somethings, you'll know why.  

Honored Contributor

@millies daughter   I am not Millie's mother, but if I were I'd still want to take a red pen to her post.  Even without careful proofreading, I noted 4 errors.  

Contributor
Like I said No one is perfect.
Contributor
I have to watch out for that red pen.
Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I see you are a relatively new Forum member, so welcome @millies daughter.  Hope you return.  

QVC decided around 2 years ago to target buyers under 35, essentially sending it's older loyal shoppers to other retailers without even a sendoff.  So, if you see the 40 and 50+ year old hosts dressing and acting like teens and 20 somethings, you'll know why.  

Nailed it!  Seeing the middle aged Shawn ,Kerstin and Jen acting so silly seems desperate to me. That's why I never give them much time. And women in their 20's aren't the QVC audience.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Just like today's news, when it's too much for me, I turn the channel.