Respected Contributor

Re: Stupid question: Why, when a thread has been removed, does..

actually, it is good to leave the thread out there with the title, even when it is "moved" and you cannot see the contents.  Most people, not all (some like to "tease" in their subject line, trying to go under the radar), put in a meaningful subject line.  That way, if someone else sees that subject being "moved", they know not to start another topic with that same subject matter.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

I actually wish they would just remove the thread completely, rather than leave the message that they do because I usually have no idea which thread they've deleted and I think to myself, "Oh darn, I missed all the fun again". Smiley Sad

Yeah, but the bummer about that is all the people who will start additional threads whining about 'where did my thread go?'.  This, IMO, is worse than just seeing the title and that it was moved to 'Modland'.  Smiley Happy

Oh that's so true, chickenbutt!  And, not only do they start additional threads, but they talk all "cryptic like" which piques my curiousity even more.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Good point, Citrine!  I'm not a fan of the cryptic thread either.

Respected Contributor

biancardi wrote in part:  @chickenbutt is probably correct.  It is still "here", but in a moderation forum, where mods can review the posts and keep track of issues, problems, etc.  They could have not marked it as "moved" and have it disappear...so, those moved threads, with all of its glory, are probably still here for moderators to take action on.  Same with individual posts, I would think.   I know on forums that I moderated, all abuse complaints would go into a ticketing system where mods could discuss the issues and what to do with the post & poster.  This is all recorded into a database so any moderator can search on key words and posters names.  I wouldn't be surprised if they have such a system here as well.

I can imagine them sitting at a staff meeting, reading the newest crop of censored posts, and laughing their rears off at a lot of us. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@biancardi wrote:

I know on forums that I moderated, all abuse complaints would go into a ticketing system where mods could discuss the issues and what to do with the post & poster.  This is all recorded into a database so any moderator can search on key words and posters names.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have such a system here as well.

Oh no, I just flashed back to my Catholic grade school education.  Does this mean I might have a record here too (rofl)?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

biancardi wrote in part:  @chickenbutt is probably correct.  It is still "here", but in a moderation forum, where mods can review the posts and keep track of issues, problems, etc.  They could have not marked it as "moved" and have it disappear...so, those moved threads, with all of its glory, are probably still here for moderators to take action on.  Same with individual posts, I would think.   I know on forums that I moderated, all abuse complaints would go into a ticketing system where mods could discuss the issues and what to do with the post & poster.  This is all recorded into a database so any moderator can search on key words and posters names.  I wouldn't be surprised if they have such a system here as well.

I can imagine them sitting at a staff meeting, reading the newest crop of censored posts, and laughing their rears off at a lot of us. 

I know on the forums I've moderated on, it was a mix of laughter and also bad feelings too towards posters who keep ruining it for everyone else.  

common saying among mods "that is why we can't have nice things" when dealing with a "problem" poster, who flaunts the decisions back to the mods on board.  Mods are more forgiving if you privately email them.  Posting it on the boards just states that the poster has no intention of cleaning up their act and is a drama queen;  the endless circular arguments that go.no.where.

That is, on the boards I've moderated on.  I have no idea what they do here Smiley Happy

Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

I know on forums that I moderated, all abuse complaints would go into a ticketing system where mods could discuss the issues and what to do with the post & poster.  This is all recorded into a database so any moderator can search on key words and posters names.

Oh no, I just flashed back to my Catholic grade school education.  Does this mean I might have a record here too (rofl)?

Birdmama it is a part of your "permanent record"! Ha! Ha!  I bet I have one if they are keeping score. 

Not sure why they do the word moved must make them think it makes us feel better about ourselves than removed.  Semantics.

The move language was probably created by whoever changed up the sizing on the Q. to all those XXXXXXXXXXXXXXSmall.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

it is pretty standard stuff on chatboards.  no one loves a moderator - that is for sure - ahaha

Honored Contributor

Thanks ladies.  I had a feeling they were moved some place to which we have no access.  

Perhaps they should be labeled, "Filed."  Maybe they have a file on each of us....worried  *Insert spooky music.*  laughing