Esteemed Contributor

Package not ordered.  Delivered today.  Stress balls set of 4 called Squishy Toy.  Package from Netherlands. I do buy from Zulily, Amazon, and Ebay.  None of them had record of this package.  No receipt inside and tracking numbers did not work with any carrier, UPS or USPS.  Strange.  Worried it is a scam. Or perhaps someone sent me an anniversary gift which probably is not the case.

Anyone have this happen?  Kind of worried.  I do watch my credit cards carefully.  

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu   A year or more ago, several people on the boards and even my sister reported receiving a pair of semi expensive sunglasses.  I don't think anyone was able to track down the benefactor.  Nothing ever happened  that would indicate a scam or a demand for payment.  I'd just forget about it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Our anniversary, so I thought it might be a gift.  But no evidence of that.  I wanted to thank someone.  The more I thought about it nothing made sense.  They I thought it was a scam of some sort and I checked my credit cards, all two of them.  Nothing.  It is just interesting and no one has stepped forward to claim all this fun.  

Respected Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Package not ordered.  Delivered today.  Stress balls set of 4 called Squishy Toy.  Package from Netherlands. I do buy from Zulily, Amazon, and Ebay.  None of them had record of this package.  No receipt inside and tracking numbers did not work with any carrier, UPS or USPS.  Strange.  Worried it is a scam. Or perhaps someone sent me an anniversary gift which probably is not the case.

Anyone have this happen?  Kind of worried.  I do watch my credit cards carefully.  

2 years ago I received a package. There was no outside address or where it came from. I didn't order it and I had not entered any contests. Inside the package was a pair of brand new Ray Ban Sunglasses. It weirded me out to think someone had my address and mailed me these sunglasses. I never wore them but I still have them for reasons I cant explain.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Esteemed Contributor

Married 52 years, perhaps someone figured one of us needed relief from stress.  LOL

Honored Contributor
I would not worry about it...if your credit cards show no charges that aren't yours and there is no evidence of the origin of the pkg, just move on and chalk it up to an unsolved mystery
Honored Contributor

@bonnielu- You're right; it is a scam and there's a lot of information on the internet about it.  It's called "brushing".  Just google something like "unordered package deliveries" or similar words.

Here's a link to a CBS news report:

Brushing Scam

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@bonnielu- You're right; it is a scam and there's a lot of information on the internet about it.  It's called "brushing".  Just google something like "unordered package deliveries" or similar words.

Here's a link to a CBS news report:

Brushing Scam

WOW...I had never heard of this before........

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@bonnielu  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.   52 years...  how wonderful.

Respected Contributor

My goodness!  What will they come up with next?