Honored Contributor

Stormy today...but a little strange.

Kind of odd weather today.  I was up at 5AM. Noticed the trash can was tipped over.  Went out to straightened it, when a sudden lightening bolt seem to split the sky.  No rain, no thunder.  Oh did I jump! LOL...I must have jumped a couple of feet. I assumed it was a lightning display from a distant storm.  Only later it started to rain.  No thunder, but now they've issued a high wind warning in effect form now to midnight. So oddball weather today. Very violent weather in the Midwest and south today. Probably will try to creep in.  Ah Spring is so nice.....all that violent weather, tornado, derecho, etc.  So much to look forward to.   

Respected Contributor

Re: Stormy today...but a little strange.

I'm in east central PA. and we were having thunder storms starting around 6:30 a.m., and heavy rain. That lasted an hour or so and stopped, but now heavy rain again. Later windy and stormy. Everyone be safe and prayers for all that have suffered loss.

Honored Contributor

@songbird seems lately we get those thunderclaps out of nowhere with an apporaching storm.  Used to be I enjoyed the rumbling thunder in the distance with an approaching storm, but I don't get that as much now.  

Honored Contributor

Driving up to Long Island in pouring rain to see grandkids soccer games. Morning game hasn't been called off yet! Wow just passed gas station on Belt Pkwy $4.39/gal. Yikes!
Esteemed Contributor

It's pouring in eastern Connecticut. Not the best day for the start of the weekend. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@songbird seems lately we get those thunderclaps out of nowhere with an apporaching storm.  Used to be I enjoyed the rumbling thunder in the distance with an approaching storm, but I don't get that as much now.  

Yes.  When you see lightening, but hear no thunder....that's simply a storm in the distance.  Light goes for a long distance but thunder can't be heard if it's more then 10 miles away.  That''s what they used to call heat lightening.  It's just a storm that's too far away for thunder to hear, but to see. They're calling for thunder storms this evening, so I might see a light show. 

Honored Contributor

they have been calling for thunderstorms, rain, lots of wind today in the baltimore area. so far, just light rain and not really very windy yet. it is very humid and about 65 degrees.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

We're under another wind warning. Just went through this a few weeks ago when over 200,000 of us lost power. Last time the winds gusted to 75 mph. Today the forecast is for up to 60mph winds. Power outages are increasing as the day progresses. Huge trees down again. One is completely blocking a nearby street. Shutters blowing off homes. Scary. 

Esteemed Contributor

Here in NE PA we are under a severe thunderstorm watch until 8:00pm and a wind advisory until 2:00am Sunday morning.

We have had the lights flip off and on already this afternoon from wind gusts.

The last couple of years the winds have been wild at times.

Honored Contributor

our bad weather finally began about 6pm after the weather was nice for the past few hours. heavy winds, clouds are darkening, humidity is high, lights have been flickering. no rain yet though.......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein