Honored Contributor

Christian Siriano Has Great Style and He Outfits His Models Artfully

[ Edited ]

Late last night, I flipped from the end of my recorded Stephen Colbert show to HSN.  What a delight awaited me!

Christian Siriano had his debut (I think) on that channel with his lovely fashions.

Of course, his generation and aesthetic are different from those of Louis Dell'Olio, but because Christian's fashions were, in general, lovely and his models were wonderfully attired and accessorized, I was reminded of the old days with Louis Dell'Olio on QVC.  This is the closest I've been reminded of the Linea line since its departure from QVC.

Watching Christian's show (a lot but not all of it -- I went to bed), I felt some of what I once experienced during the Linea fashion shows that are no more.  It was a bittersweet feeling, but it was uplifting to see well-put-together models once again.

[There were hits and misses on Christian's show, but at least most of the time there was an attempt at styling his look.  NOTHING can ever touch Louis Dell'Olio's Linea line and the way he attired his models down to the smallest detail.  Having the Linea line was like having one's private couturier.  What a fabulous experience it was!]

Honored Contributor

Re: Christian Siriano Has Great Style and He Outfits His Models Artfully

@golding76 I never watched Louis and know nothing about Linea but always liked Christian on Project Runway and other things I've seen him on.

His first show at Fashion Week years ago was fun to see. Plus he strikes me as being a really nice guy, for many reasons.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never watched Project Runway.  I've only read about Christian Siriano here and there from the time he first emerged on the scene. 

Watching him speak about his fashions on HSN, I got a vibe that he is a nice guy.

Respected Contributor

@golding76  I was on my way to bed when I checked HSN & saw Christian. I, too, was reminded of Louis. They are both true fashion designers.

Even though I do like Christian's TS maxi dress, I don't need another maxi.

I haven't watched HSN in years, but I'll continue to watch Christian's line & his presentations.

I bought 2 items last night.The cardigan is mixed media and has the same pattern in a silky fabric in the front as the pattern in the pants. It comes in a yellow pattern too, but the yellow cardigan sold out.

image.png

image.png

image.png

If I were working, I would've bought the pants with the gold studs on the side with the matching blazer.

image.png

image.png

Trusted Contributor

Love what he's showing for Spring. I was also paying close attention to the shoes and bags being used and found that many were available on HSN. Loved that. Also found interesting the color choice of shoes; earth tones or the color of the models' hair. I had read that this really how one should choose their shoe color as it keeps the focus on the clothing. Think I'll update my own closet, lol.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Desert Lily, that sweater and the pants with the studs also caught my eye.  Siriano is starting off with Spring/Summer fashions and so his style reminds of some of Linea's resort and Summer line.  Can't wait to see what Siriano brings in the Fall.  I was happy to read that somehow Siriano's fashions reminded you of Louis, too.  Different but similar in artistic spirit.

FiddleDeeDee, I noticed the handbags and shoes as well!  They are what made me especially aware of Siriano's attention to styling details.  I had hoped that HSN carried the bags and shoes, and you wrote that they do.  Good move.  

Maybe Christian Siriano will help turn around sagging finances for the company.

Respected Contributor

He is a true talent and was successful at such a young age. He is versatile and aware of his customer's needs. Christian Siriano stepped up at the beginning of the COVID outbreak in New York and had his seamstresses make face masks for the members of the medical community who were in dire need. He only asked that they advise him how they wanted the masks made.

HSN was brilliant to get him in their fashion designer group. He will be very popular with viewers.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 I recently posted on another thread that the black actress in the Ghostbusters remake, sorry don't recall her name, said that no designer would make her a dress as she is a large woman.

He stepped up, made her a beautiful gown and had a few choice words for those other designers.

Honored Contributor

Love my grandkids, what a wonderful thing Christian Siriano did.  Thank you for sharing this story.  (I have a faint memory of reading about this a while ago.)

This man has a heart.  I hope he reaps many rewards for his goodness.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@golding76 I recently posted on another thread that the black actress in the Ghostbusters remake, sorry don't recall her name, said that no designer would make her a dress as she is a large woman.

He stepped up, made her a beautiful gown and had a few choice words for those other designers.

It was the talented and lovely Leslie Jones.