Honored Contributor

My youngest daughter went down to Cape May today with her girlfriends and won't be back until Tuesday.  They had rented a townhouse for Labor Day.

They are going to try to find high ground to park their cars.

I'll let you know if they met Hermine.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

My youngest daughter went down to Cape May today with her girlfriends and won't be back until Tuesday.  They had rented a townhouse for Labor Day.

I hope the girls have great weather and stay safe and have fun!

How are you doing?  How's your shoulder and PT going?

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@AKgirl2

PT doesn't start for almost three more weeks.  I am improving with movement of my arm and hand and, in fact, am typing this with two hands.  I have to rest often, but I'm thrilled I can do it.

They won't have great weather, but knowing them, they will have a great time!!  Thanks for asking @AKgirl2 !!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

We were supposed to be challenged by her right now, but it's beautiful and sunny! Just tell your dd to look out for rip tides!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

I love the unpredictability of Mother Nature!  I know officiaks have to prep just in case, but I'll be overjoyed if all the prep goes for naught in my neighbor.  Doing the prep is way easier than cleaning up after a nasty storm.

Respected Contributor

It sounds like this hurricane will have fizzled into a rain storm as it moves up the East Coast.  That's fine with me.  I'm looking forward to the rain, as there's been too much heat this summer where I live. We had our first sub-50-degree night of the summer this weekend, which I was glad to see.  The intense heat will return later this week but will lose its grip on us within two or three weeks.  I don't like months of freezing temps, but I welcome a relief from this hotter-than-normal summer.

Respected Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@AKgirl2

PT doesn't start for almost three more weeks.  I am improving with movement of my arm and hand and, in fact, am typing this with two hands.  I have to rest often, but I'm thrilled I can do it.

They won't have great weather, but knowing them, they will have a great time!!  Thanks for asking @AKgirl2 !!

I'm very glad to hear things are improving...things happen so quickly and at times take so long time to get better.  I'm sure the girls will make their gray skies blue 🌈  Once again, glad you're on the mendSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Hi Ford, Smiley Happy

Latest is the storm in way out in the Atlantic.   I don't think your dd will get any rain, only WIND, WAVES, RIP TIDES AND HIGH SURF.

Hope they have a great time! Smiley Happy

Take care. Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

I am in Westchester County and we were getting warnings starting as far back as last Wednesday, well today was a glorious day, light breeze and cool in the share and very warm in the sun.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I live in NYC and the weather today was just beautiful! The media likes to scare you to death, but I guess they are just doing their job. I would rather be prepared and have it turn out to be nothing than a big storm and being caught by surprise.