Valued Contributor

Stores removing % from Rakuten?

[ Edited ]

Why are they removing percentages and going with coupons only or just no discount at all?  Is it because no one is buying from their brick n mortar store?
you would think they would welcome any business their way, especially if the said purchase is not a sale item but full priced merchandise. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Stores removing % from Rakuten?

I've noticed this too. Macy's, which used to offer generous rebates, has cut them out completely, as of a couple of weeks ago. They used to really add up!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got Macy's rebates at Mrrebates last week.  There was a sign about amazon at mrrebates, that amazon is choosing not to participate at this time.  Amazon only had sporadic rebates on certain items, or certain depts.  my guess also is they are dealing with a cut in personal  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I rarely use Rakuten anymore since their rebates are a lot less than Topcashback. Mr. Rebates isn't offering rebates for Macy's anymore either (just checked)

Topcashback has 10% rebate for QVC at the moment. 

Honored Contributor

Because the stores are really struggling to survive without customers shopping and therefore can't afford to pay the rebate places a percentage of what little they are making now.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
Because the stores are really struggling to survive without customers shopping and therefore can't afford to pay the rebate places a percentage of what little they are making now.

@Pearlee -ding ding ding.  We have a winner!!!

Retail, and the economy in general, is not in such great shape right now.  I'm surprised ANY retailer is still offering cash back.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

Buy and use American companies. Rakuten is owned by Japan

Honored Contributor

A larger rebate might entice customers. I know it makes a difference to me.  Fortunately, there are quite a few places still offering it. Topcashback has 20% rebate on select stores today.