Esteemed Contributor

I would like to know exactly how many deaths have been caused by texting......and i am sure many HAVE been caused by texting but the driver was able to hide that fact..............something HAS to be done...the police aren't enforcing it here in NY and it is illegal to text and drive......

what is the use of the law if it isn't enforced??  I drive a main highway for medical appts 50 mins each away...EVERYTIME i see drivers drifting ...outright on the phone or texting.............why can't plainclothes cops be out there and catch these law breakers???if i have to use the phone...i pull off to the side of the road....................

Respected Contributor

Take their car away! No exceptions! They do not have brains enough to be on the road with other (innocent) people.No excuses! Hey YOU who are still doing this ....YOU are NOT that important! Stop risking all our lives with your blah blah blah.Enough...just impound their car and sell it to help pay for all the people who are injured by this stupid,rude behavior.

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom@CrazyDaisy

Women get "engulfed" in their phones, it's an obsession.  Yes, it is.

You pull your phone out at a stop sign, you lose track of time, you think you are checking for the light, you are but not really, you gotta read those messages, you need to respond right away.

The light turns green.   Oh my you're not done texting, just one more line, I know I can drive and text, kids do it all the time.

NO you can't. .....You cannot text and drive.  You have no idea what your surroundings are.  Oh my, I need to get into a different lane to make my turn, I can do it, I'll cut someone off but who cares.

I'm that person you cut off because you were busy texting, I'm that person who was watching you drive.  I don't care what anyone says, you cannot do 2 things at once when you are driving and that includes holding your phone and talking let alone texting.  

I know I know it won't happen to you stating all these terrible things, it only happens to others.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling

Now we’re blaming all this on women?

Well, ok then......

Trusted Contributor

Re: Stop Sign Texting

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

If they are stopped at a light, what harm is that doing?

your eyes aren't looking at the road around you thats the harm. besides, how important is that text anyway? 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@sidsmom@CrazyDaisy

Women get "engulfed" in their phones, it's an obsession.  Yes, it is.

You pull your phone out at a stop sign, you lose track of time, you think you are checking for the light, you are but not really, you gotta read those messages, you need to respond right away.

The light turns green.   Oh my you're not done texting, just one more line, I know I can drive and text, kids do it all the time.

NO you can't. .....You cannot text and drive.  You have no idea what your surroundings are.  Oh my, I need to get into a different lane to make my turn, I can do it, I'll cut someone off but who cares.

I'm that person you cut off because you were busy texting, I'm that person who was watching you drive.  I don't care what anyone says, you cannot do 2 things at once when you are driving and that includes holding your phone and talking let alone texting.  

I know I know it won't happen to you stating all these terrible things, it only happens to others.

Making a wonderful story, however you are not texting AND driving.  You are texting while SITTING at a red light.  There is a difference.  No one is saying it is acceptable to text WHILE you are driving.  Your opening post clearly states while stopped.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@willomenia wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

If they are stopped at a light, what harm is that doing?

your eyes aren't looking at the road around you thats the harm. besides, how important is that text anyway? 

You are stopped at  red light, why would you need to be looking at the road?

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

My car won't allow me to text while driving.

Honored Contributor

I have zero tolerance for people texting in the car while driving or stopped for a light/sigh....I wish the police would stop people and warn/ticket them......It is very obvious what they are doing and it's dangerous.