Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I don't understand why people seem to be O.K. with accepting yet another cause of "accidents" that could be minimized by using what I (and many others) see as common sense.

@QueenDanceALot

No one is saying texting and driving is ‘O.K.’

O.K., I don't want to start going around in circles again here.  I've said my piece on the subject.

Gotta go to an appointment.

Later!

OK.  And yes, I would be upset, too, if my blue Corvette was gone!

💙zoom

Honored Contributor

@willomenia wrote:
Just one more thing, for those of you who think it's okay to talk on your phone while operating a vehicle, I guess you think it's okay for the train conductor to talk on his phone and operate his vehicle (the train is his vehicle at the time) or how about your airline pilot, or better yet your school bus driver transporting your children.

Your post reminded me of one of the most powerful commercials I've ever seen.  It was a short piece.  First it showed a young-ish woman doing a line of coke (or something) and a subtitle basically saying 'why should you care?  Is it any of your  business?'.

Then the scene moves on to show her getting on and driving a SCHOOL BUS!!   

I was just gobsmacked at the powerful feeling of that ad.

You never know and ITA with everybody that it doesn't really matter if you are temporarily stopped ON the road, for whatever reason.  Not the time for texting or checking the phone.  That's just plain common sense and I wouldn't pay attention to the crazy thoughts that it doesn't matter.   You still need to be aware of what is going on around you, outside of your vehicle, unless you get OFF the road entirely.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

A few weeks ago there was a horrible multi-car accident on one of our highways.  Traffic was slowing down and a box truck wasn't and plowed into the car in front of him which in turn caused a chain reaction accident.

One of the women driving as this happened began slowing.  As she was slowed, she looked in her rear view mirror and noticed the car behind her coming up very quickly and not slowing down.  She realized she was going to get hit and swerved, going off the road and into the median.  Had she slowed and began texting or doing something else instead of paying attention, who knows how bad she would have been injured and what would have happened.       

Occasional Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

A few weeks ago there was a horrible multi-car accident on one of our highways.  Traffic was slowing down and a box truck wasn't and plowed into the car in front of him which in turn caused a chain reaction accident.

One of the women driving as this happened began slowing.  As she was slowed, she looked in her rear view mirror and noticed the car behind her coming up very quickly and not slowing down.  She realized she was going to get hit and swerved, going off the road and into the median.  Had she slowed and began texting or doing something else instead of paying attention, who knows how bad she would have been injured and what would have happened.       

Perfect example of why cell phones shouldn't be in cars at all.

imho

Contributor

Re: Stop Sign Texting

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

If they are stopped at a light, what harm is that doing?

Although CrazyDaisy has earned(?) Respected Contributor underneath her screen name from her number of posts, she has no respect from me. Nothing but a troll.

Occasional Contributor

IMG_0851.GIF

Honored Contributor

@hckynut  I remember ONE lane DIRT roads and one-lane bridges!   I am old!!!!  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: Stop Sign Texting

[ Edited ]

I really don't understand the need to constantly be connected.  As much as I love my family and friends I do not need to be connected to them 24/7 or on my phone every waking second or panic if I didn't reply or get a reply back to a text message/phone call.  

Edited to add that Yes, I do know that emergencies happen...but this obessesion people have with their phones and being connected goes way beyond monitoring a family emergency.   

Regular Contributor

@LiaBelleG wrote:

IMG_0851.GIF

Great infographic.

Notice it says "even hands-free".