Respected Contributor

We got ours Saturday. Last time it was direct deposited, this time it was a check...no idea why.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE : We went to the bank this morning to deposit our check. She gave us a receipt for the $1200. When we returned home and checked on line. What a surprise. Instead of pending $1200. It showed deposit of 00.00. DH said the last time he made a deposit the same thing happened and took two days to indicate the full amoun🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

Our's was directly deposited into our checking account shortly after it was announced that we would get a second stimulus.

Honored Contributor

Lord help us all in regards to the 3rd one !

I'm predicting this time hubbo will get the 3rd, but, I won't , then I will be wanting to take his away from him. ROFL

Just please organize it better the 3rd go around.  If you have people's bank information, then, push a button and shoot it directly. If not, mail it to them and not wait a month or longer.

sheesh, think it out ahead of time and be ready to roll when they finally put something through for cat sake.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Stimulus check # 2

[ Edited ]

@SharkE and others who have replied, I'm glad to see this thread.  I've been worried about my dad's payment #2.  I always filled out their tax returns for them online, married filing jointly, up until they retired.  Tax year 2018 was their final tax return, and even it had zeroed out, meaning they had paid in no income tax, and they were not owed any types of credits or refunds back from the gov't, so a return was not filed or needed for the tax year 2019. 

They are on SS direct deposit, though, so the gov't still has all their info.  

Their first stimulus checks came by mail no problem.  And I'm quite sure I filled out that non-filer tool last year for each of them.  

This 2ND time around, my mom got her check in the mail, but my dad didn't.   The Get My Payment tool says IRS "either" does not have enough information, or he is not eligible.  

I am pretty confused because nothing whatsoever in their life has changed.

I thought their filing days were over for good and was thankful for that, because I find all that really stressful.  Now I'm looking for all the info I can find so that I can do the right things in order to ensure that he gets his payment and any future pmts.  

At this point all I know to do is online file their 2020 taxes and hope everything works out.  

It's all very frustrating, but I am thankful to read HERE that others are having similar unexplainable issues.  I've Googled for help six ways to Sunday, so imagine my surprise at finding relatable information here.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Thanks !

Go here to the other thread https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Stimulus-Check/m-p/6729535#M1701033

lots of good information in there on what to do if they tell you it's been mailed, but, you don't receive, phone numbers and different links you can go too that will point you in right direction.

last night I typed in "what do you do if don't receive stimulus check" and it bought up legit places coming from the IRS that tells you how to proceed there is even a IRS site that you call and they will trace your check for you if you never got it but they said they mailed it.

In my case, hubbo never got a mailing date just says like you said  "not enough information" blah, blah, which is stupid they know more about him then I do.   I got mine last week.  If your dad doesn't get one then if he has to pay in anything he can claim on his taxes the 'Recovery claim' that is suppose to be on this yrs. tax papers 1040 guess you call it. Should be a line on there you can state he never received and they deduct that from what he owes and brings down your tax debt that way.  Like if he would owe 700 claim this form and would bring down to 100.   If he doesn't owe nothing not sure if they would just mail to him ?   

Walmart has those tax people sitting out at front of store might ask them we have Liberty Mutual to do ours , but, Walmart simple question might be free.   They will start showing up soon I'm sure at walmart.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE  I'm so glad you got yours before your Hubby lol.

Everything will work out but the 2nd one was rushed and a lot went wrong. Things are backed up at the P.O. so that also is a problem,  People are still receiving their checks so let's hope that the Posters here will get theirs soon.

Honored Contributor

I'm hopeful about the 3rd one and hope I get, we both get , this next one direct deposit, not this 'stuff' of saying it was mailed a month ago and you get it at end of month and one member of the family is still waiting.

I'm cautiously optimistic the next one is upcoming. Maybe targeted more, but, that's ok, we will still be eligible since not working. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Stimulus check # 2

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

I'm hopeful about the 3rd one and hope I get, we both get , this next one direct deposit, not this 'stuff' of saying it was mailed a month ago and you get it at end of month and one member of the family is still waiting.

I'm cautiously optimistic the next one is upcoming. Maybe targeted more, but, that's ok, we will still be eligible since not working. LOL

@SharkE  One of my sisters said she and her husband should not be receiving one. She's thinking that maybe it's because of the amount that goes into their 401k that makes it seem as if they are making less. They divided up their and gave to four families. 

@SharkE wrote:

Honored Contributor

That was nice of them. Sure, there's plenty of folk who can use it.