Trusted Contributor

Re: Stimulus Checks To Start Arriving Wednesday

[ Edited ]

@hayseed00 @I am still oxox

It looks like you can go to the IRS site now as there is a section re the stimulus checks. Per helpful @SunSprite it looks like you will be able to enter your info mid April if you need to - IRS will have a link added then. & it seems really user friendly. 

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut, I don’t know, John.  You do have many mouths to feed.  What are the names of said kitties?  I wouldn’t try anything sneaky like trying to declare a Mittens or a Fluffy.

But we do have our newly-adopted kitty who has the name he came with - Winston.  He is 3 years old, found roaming the streets, and was captured and went to a wonderful shelter.  So, from humble beginings, he is very spoiled already.  I wonder how that happened?  LOL

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Used a new tax prep service this year he did not submit our bank account number to the IRS so we got refund checks, but last year we did, so will we get our check automatically or have to wait?

Thanks all 

@I am still oxox I think this depends on your circumstances. Are you working or retired? If you are working I would go to the website and fill out the info for a direct deposit. I think they only go back a year looking for an account if you haven't filed this year. They might think since you asked for a check this year the the account from before is closed. Of course they might not think at all and I could be assuming too much. Smiley LOL

If you're retired and on Social Security you don't need to do anything from what I understand. Those deposits will be made into whatever account you normally get your direct deposit into. 

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT 

Names, let's see. Our Felines are:  Tiny/Cruiser/Molly/Sadie/Toby/Jasper. Every single one born on our property. Tiny is the oldest at 15 and her son Cruiser is probably 14. Molly and Sadie are sisters about 14 years old. Toby is 11 years old and Jasper is 4 years old.

Then there is Lily our Maltese Mix. My wife got her from a Rescue in Kansas City originally for her mother. We somehow ended up with her and that was 4 years ago, so guessing she's about 5.

Spoiled?  Yep! Thanks for taking in Winston he's a lucky guy. Now about those stimulus checks!

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom 

Thank you I am retired and on SS and hubby is still working well at least for 3 more weeks, I am hoping they go back to 2018 to get the info. I will wait and check before I file for anything 

@pigletsmom wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Used a new tax prep service this year he did not submit our bank account number to the IRS so we got refund checks, but last year we did, so will we get our check automatically or have to wait?

Thanks all 

@I am still oxox I think this depends on your circumstances. Are you working or retired? If you are working I would go to the website and fill out the info for a direct deposit. I think they only go back a year looking for an account if you haven't filed this year. They might think since you asked for a check this year the the account from before is closed. Of course they might not think at all and I could be assuming too much. Smiley LOL

If you're retired and on Social Security you don't need to do anything from what I understand. Those deposits will be made into whatever account you normally get your direct deposit into. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@pigletsmom 

Thank you I am retired and on SS and hubby is still working well at least for 3 more weeks, I am hoping they go back to 2018 to get the info. I will wait and check before I file for anything 

@pigletsmom wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Thanks all 

@I am still oxox Yes in that case I'd wait. Curious to see how they do it under those circumstances since they are saying the SS people will get an automatic payment. So you might get your money and your husband might get a check? Interesting.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

FYI:  Small business owners were promised help two weeks ago and still nothing has come.

Was checking in my state today, not one dollar 💵 of Small Business help received.  🙁

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

Great. the 1200 will pay for my amazon bill  next  month  for the paper towels tiolet paper

and other paper goods I ordered......

@heart of savino 

LOL....I am sure that you are not alone.

Valued Contributor

@colleena  I was just on the website earlier and the link isn't there yet for entering direct deposit info. It does say it is coming soon though! Smiley Happy

From IRS.GOV

Filers: Get Your Payment

Use the "Get My Payment" application (coming mid-April) to:

• Check your payment status
  • Confirm your payment type: direct deposit or check
  • Enter your bank account information for direct deposit if we don't have  your direct deposit information and we haven't sent your payment yet

Get My Payment (coming mid-April)

Update your information

Direct deposit: Use the Get My Payment application (coming mid-April) to let us know your bank account information if we don't have your direct deposit information and we haven't sent your payment.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

$500 for each child will be most welcome.  

Wonder if they will count our kids?  Probably not, our 7 kids are of the furry type. Ehhh, they don't eat that much anyways!

=^..^=

hckynut  🏒

Woman LOLHeartWoman LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam