Honored Contributor
HomeGoods gets me every time....good thing they don't have a website to shop from! We won't be getting a check but I hope everyone who does get one saves some of it...who knows how long we will still be in the twilight zone.
Respected Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

I will never cease to be amazed!  I did not get a refund on my 2019 taxes, so my stimulus money since I get social security should have gone into my checking account as a direct deposit.  well, it didn't, I received a CHECK, today.  Surprise!!  Another surprise was a second check made payable to my husband who passed away in July 2019 and filed his income tax for 2019 and he did not get a refund and the return was marked DECEASED.  He last Social Security check was July 2019.  His check is actually made payable to John Smith, deceased, c/o Helen Smith!  You tell me this is not nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Somertime....I am experiencing a similar situation, but yours is just bizarre. Wow. 

I am sorry for the loss of your DH. I lost mine in June.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

I was finally able to input our bank info. That was a nice change of pace. So it looks like we qualify for something. It didn't say how much or when, just that it would update. I'll believe it when I see it, but it's nice to see the IRS recognize me. It was a bit unnerving to keep getting the Staus Not Available screen.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

I found this info today:

The Department of the Treasury says Social Security recipients, including Social Security retirement, survivors benefits, and disability insurance, who don’t file tax returns should get their money by April 29.

Respected Contributor

@northiie57 wrote:

I found this info today:

The Department of the Treasury says Social Security recipients, including Social Security retirement, survivors benefits, and disability insurance, who don’t file tax returns should get their money by April 29.

I sure hope so, no money so far. I can't get a status on irs/gov either. 

Trusted Contributor

Save it so I can pay it back in taxes next year (If I get one)

Respected Contributor

Does anyone have the answer to this please?

When imputting your banking info in at 'Get My Check', if you file married/jointly does each one have to enter seperately or just one, hubby for instance? Same bank account.

Thanks, I have looked all over and cant find this question asked/answered anywhere. Im probably just over thinking this.   Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Re: Stimulus Check

[ Edited ]

we each (joint account) entered our own information.  Soon as you put in the last 4 digits of your account # they know who you are.

Like I put mine in first, then, when he did, the account # automatically was shown, they knew who we were.

Honored Contributor

We are small business owners, and we do not get refunds, anything over paid is just applied to our quarterly payments but dh is on social security.

We have not received our stimulus yet and when I checked with the web site, it read they did not have enough information and wanted banking information to direct deposit the money.

I know I read and heard on the news that if the government direct deposits your social security check that that is the bank they would use for the stimulus...either all checks have not been sent out (which I am sure they have not been) and we are low on the totem pole to get ours.

Respected Contributor

Re: Stimulus Check

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

we each (joint account) entered our own information.  Soon as you put in the last 4 digits of your account # they know who you are.

Like I put mine in first, then, when he did, the account # automatically was shown, they knew who we were.

@SharkE  OK cool, I will do it then, geez I have been making myself crazy over this!!

(edited out additional question)

eta~ I plugged in my SS# and it just came up I am eligible, didnt need to input anthing else. Again, thank you!