Valued Contributor

I have not received $1,200 stimulus money via direct deposit, as was rumored to happen.

Why not?

Who do I contact about that?

TIA.

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak 

Good for you.  I can guarantee you never will be sorry. The money you save in monthly payments will be  put to another use.  Great idea.  It is always hard to do that.  Fo a couple years way back when, at a time when we used toi get tax refunds, I paid off bills and such   In a couple years I was totally out of debt.   Even without debt you wonder how you ever made it with paying paying those bills.  Because gas, groceries, clothing, cost of living goes up and eats up extra.  But, at least you are prepared at that point.  Lol  

like Roseanne Rosanna Danna said," Geesh...I tell ya, it's always something"   Lol

Esteemed Contributor

Humane Society.

Honored Contributor
@SouthernBee,
Based on what you have shared in the past about your health and your husband's health, my suggestion is to get an estimate for a generator that is wired into your meter box and comes on automatically in a power outage.

What has been described to you is great as long as you are physically able to get outside to hook it up once the power is off.

We installed our generator because of my husband's failing health, and wanted something automatic after dealing with a portable gasoline powered one that required us to stop it after several hours for refueling, and worry about refilling gas cans. To prevent carbon monoxide fumes from entering your house, these must be located a minimum of 20-25 feet away from your house, so lengthy extension cords are necessary to connect the generator to run your appliances. Generators are very loud, so you must think of your neighbors where you place it, and when it runs.

I urge you to have someone from a reliable company who sells and services whole house generators come to your house and explain what you can get for the price you want to pay. Our requirement was a generator that would fully power our 3 ton heat pump, so ours was a huge investment, $17,000, but in 14 seconds after losing power, we are on automatic generator power without blinking an eye. Since we are rural, a big part of our expense was obtaining propane as our power source.
Esteemed Contributor

@Maggie Nolia You might find something at IRS dot gov/Coronavirus or SSA dot gov/Coronavirus. There should be links at both sites to get you started. You can check there once a day. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

it's amazing this check is being used for material things and not what it was intended for.  No wonder the government is broke. 

@Blingqueen023    The purpose of the checks is to stimulate the economy.  That done by purchasing goods and services.  The Feds want us to buy, buy, buy, not squirrel it away in savings, pay taxes or hide it under the mattress.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

it's amazing this check is being used for material things and not what it was intended for.  No wonder the government is broke. 

@Blingqueen023    The purpose of the checks is to stimulate the economy.  That done by purchasing goods and services.  The Feds want us to buy, buy, buy, not squirrel it away in savings, pay taxes or hide it under the mattress.

Sounds like my in laws they could squeeze a nickel till it cried.

Respected Contributor

We aren't receiving one

Honored Contributor

@Maggie Nolia 

When payments are scheduled

Social Security and SSI beneficiaries who filed a tax return and included their direct deposit information were expected to get paid in the first round of checks that went out last week.

Meanwhile, beneficiaries who did not file taxes for either 2018 or 2019 should receive their money in late April, according to the Congressional timeline. That includes adult Social Security retirement, survivor, and disability insurance beneficiaries. That money will most likely come via direct deposit, because most people now receive their benefits that way.

Adult SSI beneficiaries will receive their  money by early May at the latest, according to the timeline. Those individuals will get the cash the same way they usually receive benefits.

FULL ARTICLE SOURCE:  CNBC

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Stimulus Check

[ Edited ]

I feel so great with my decision @shoekitty  People at work were thinking of what goodie they could buy and for me that is all great but not when you have debt. 

It felt so good to pay off the bill, I saved $317 in interest, woohoo. My payment was $140 but I had been paying $200 to finish faster and now I'm applying those $200 to another bill and I will finish paying that bill in September, Lord willing and I was on track to pay it off in March 2021 but I'm proud of myself and I feel really good. You are right, no regrets.