Regular Contributor

Re: Still two USPS packages missing

I"ve been waiting for a sweater from QVC.  It stopped moving on December 4th. Tracking today says out for delivery.

Honored Contributor

We've had multiple issues. I just received some Christmas cards back saying they were sent to the wrong address which they were not, still waiting on orders for over a month, sent the wrong and broken products from multiple companies, the list goes on and on.

Frequent Contributor

I also have a item from QVC mailed Dec 7. Tracked it going from PA to NJ back to PA. Now in NY not far from me. But last update was Dec 22 saying in transit, arriving late....really? Still waiting but slowly giving up hope. 

Honored Contributor

@songbird.  Isnt it strange that the dozens of other merchants with whom we do business don't require any claim forms?  They're probably hoping you won't bother.  Tracking will tell them and the transit company that the item wasn't delivered.  Why do they need a form from you?

ShopHQ used to pull a similar trick, maybe they still do.  You had to have a form notarized.  Thats a real inconvenience.  Just a ploy to discourage the customer. 

I'd find other places to shop.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

USPS delivery is a hot mess. I mailed certified envelopes containing photos on Dec 14. They were to be delivered 3 days later on Dec 17. Envelopes sent to Cleveland OH have not yet arrived, and I’m totally frustrated. Tracking says they’re sitting in the Cleveland distribution center and will arrive late.... yeah, like probably Christmas 2021. This is shameful. Large trailer trucks full of mail are parked all over the city because there is no more room at the distribution center. All the bays are overflowing with undelivered mail and packages, including bills and medications. Completely unacceptable.
Trusted Contributor

Just had another thought about lost items.  I use paypal wherever I can (except QVC).  Being able to open a dispute if something crazy happens and my on-line orders not received.

They act as a go between, and they can communicate with sellers that no longer offer phone customer service since pandemic started to get a resolution.

Something to think about anyhow.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@songbird.  Isnt it strange that the dozens of other merchants with whom we do business don't require any claim forms?  They're probably hoping you won't bother.  Tracking will tell them and the transit company that the item wasn't delivered.  Why do they need a form from you?

ShopHQ used to pull a similar trick, maybe they still do.  You had to have a form notarized.  Thats a real inconvenience.  Just a ploy to discourage the customer. 

I'd find other places to shop.

I have never had a package lost before.  This is what JTV told me.  They emailed me yesterday to say they mailed out the claim to me.  I have to sign it.  ShopHQ does the same thing.  They send me a claim, I sign it and return it.  Fortunately, my package showed up before they did.  I was uncomfortable the way they went about it.  I'm seriously not going to buy from them anymore.  JTV was more cordial towards me. I had purchased from them before without any other thought.  I doubt I will again after this.  In fact, I will not buy anything from anyone unless they send it to me via UPS.  I'm willing to add the extra money.  At least with UPS, they do something about tracking.  USPS does not even though they have a tracking number.  It's a messed up system, and nobody cares anymore.  Not so with UPS.  They have a business for profit to run.  The post office is revenue  neutral. It means they can break even, but they can't make a profit. 

The form is a claim form.  They have insurance.  They are sending it to collect money lost when USPS lost their packages.   Amazon doesn't do this and a few other places don't.  I have never ever not received something from QVC, so I don't know what they do.  

Either way, my hands are tied.  I don't have the merchandise that I paid for.  I can not do anything else but wait.  I will not receive any help from the post office. v And yes, I will never buy from JTV or ShopHQ again.

Honored Contributor

Have had major problems with E-gift cards I tried to send to relatives who I am unable to see this year. One store where I purchased them two days before Christmas so they would be emailed immediately has incompetent customer service reps who work from a call center in the Philippines. The E-cards have not shown up and they won’t refund my money from my debit card unless I drive to the store and show them my card! U have printed out all the order #s, etc. Nightmare.
Ordered a small set of journals for SIL on Dec 1. USPS Tracking said the pkg would be late...then it was lost...then it was out for delivery on Dec 18. Still no pkg. when I ordered it said UPS would deliver it....they delivered it to USPS....the black hole.
Honored Contributor

I still have 5 packages in USPS limbo.  One is something that I purchased for myself...the other 4 are packages that have not been delivered to my customers (I have an Etsy shop).

I actually went to the post office today to speak with someone in person.  I brought my tracking numbers with the oldest having been shipped on 12/8 and no update since 12/12.  All have gone through the Philadelphia USPS distribution center.

I was told that there is no room for more packages there and that they shipped some packages to another center just to make room...sounds crazy but in the meanwhile I just don't know what to tell my customers other than to please be patient and understanding. 

I'm hoping that my shipping issues will be resolved by the end of next week.

Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

My experience recently with the USPS !!  I mailed off my credit card monthly check on Dec. 4, 2020.  Three weeks later, I'm getting email from several businesses that I deal with that there is a problem with my card and they can't  (automatically) charge my account for the usual things like internet, cablet tv. etc.  So I contacted my credit card company and they said they never received my payment for the month of December so they cancelled my card !!!  Sure enough, when I checked my online banking, the check didn't clear the bank because they never got it. So I had to spend 4 hours on the phone, fixing that situation and it's all because my check was lost in the USPS mail !  No telling where my check is now !  I guess it's best to pay my bills online instead of writing checks these days...who knows !?!?!

@sarahpanda I have wondered about issues like this.  My 94 year old mother does not believe in paying bills online and always uses snail mail.  Keeping my fingers crossed that all of her bills have been delivered and paid for.