Trusted Contributor

Re: Still no Chicken šŸ“

[ Edited ]

For anyone that has a Winco, in their area, this is the best canned meat, I've ever tried, and everyone I know, who has tried it agrees. 

Winco, chunk chicken breast, canned In water, 98% fat free. It's a blue label, I believe.

This chicken breast, is not only very inexpensive, less than $2 a can, it's delicious.  Very fresh tasting, no sign of a "canned" flavor, low fat, low calorie, and endless ways to use it. One of my favorites, is a chicken salad sandwich šŸ„Ŗ 

I'm a dietitian, and a student,in a cooking class, I sometimes, help teach, shared her find with the class, and it is a findšŸ˜Š

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Took a run to Stop & Shop early last evening to get a few items. More than 3/4 of the long meat case was empty......along with other areas of the store being bare or close to it. Just a few more examples, the long case where they have things like lettuce, celery, other greens had hardly anything, the soup shelves were pretty thinned out especially the Campbell's brand, cleaning products and of course still no TP.

@shaggygirl , My store had the 20 packs of Scott's TP, but no paper towels.  There was plenty of fresh and frozen veg, and lots of frozen food in general. The pasta aisle was almost cleaned out, and there was no whole wheat pasta, ( my favorite ) , but I keep a good supply on hand.  Every week it's different. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

We still have plenty of chicken in my area.  I went grocery shopping yesterday.

They had fresh chicken pieces being sold in  5 lb sealed bags ready to grab and go.  I got wings and thighs.  They also had fresh tenders, breasts, leg quarters and  drum sticks. All their chicken was on sale.

Leg quarters were .39 lb. most other pieces were $1 lb.

Honored Contributor

I know. I also like to eat chicken instead of other meats.

I stocked up some. I vacuumed sealed a dozen chicken breasts, bought a bag of frozen chicken tenders, plus have a whole chicken in the freezer.

The meat market has smoked chickens & chicken breasts on Weds so picking up 4 of the breasts today which are already on hold. LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

Have you reached out to see if there are any local farm delivery services in your area? I've found a lot of farm delivery services that offer meat and poultry in subscription or on-demand delivery. I think Schwan's sells meat, too.

Respected Contributor

My stores seem to  have an overabundance of chicken breasts. I, on the other hand, prefer thighs which are very hard to find.

Honored Contributor

We have some left in our freezer: We had early on bought two value packs of Foster Farm's skinless breast halves, two packs of boneless thighs, and three packs of bone-in thighs. But these are dwindling.

For our meals, canned chicken would not be an option.

@QVCkitty1, keep searching. I wish you and all of us luck in that endeavor. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sushismom wrote:

My stores seem to  have an overabundance of chicken breasts. I, on the other hand, prefer thighs which are very hard to find.

@Sushismom 

I forgot I have 3-4 pkgs of boneless skinless thighs we use when I make Bourbon chicken.

I also have 2 pkgs of wings left.

Hoping we have enough chicken til it's back in stores.

I know they ordered the processing plants to stay open but if they don't have any workers that will be hard to do.

Hope you can find some chicken thighs.

It's strange how some areas have all these things & some sound like they don't have much of anything? Hundreds of cars in line for food from the food banks.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

We have some left in our freezer: We had early on bought two value packs of Foster Farm's skinless breast halves, two packs of boneless thighs, and three packs of bone-in thighs. But these are dwindling.

@suzyQ3 

Never have tried canned chicken. I stay away from as much canned goods as I can. We buy fresh first next frozen would be our choice.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 

Never have tried canned chicken. I stay away from as much canned goods as I can. We buy fresh first next frozen would be our choice.

Canned chicken just doesn't sound good, but I've never tried it.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan