Respected Contributor

Still looking for your favorite grocery store item???

Not first hand but second hand knowledge that what we have it have we are going to get, meaning if you are looking for your favorite grocery store item and it's not there, chances are it's not coming back.

Producers have scaled by their sku numbers due to labor shortages and material shortages.

Plenty of discontinued items including the dog treat industry.

I was looking for the 4-5" romp n chomp sticks that get inserted into the Nylabone dog bone holder and they have been discontinued.   I have plenty of the plastic dog bone holders but no sticks, I can stick other soft treats in the hole so it's not a total loss.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Still looking for your favorite grocery store item???

So far I have been lucky at the grocery store. Everything I wanted has been available. Though I will say I'm paying more for some items.

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

So far I have been lucky at the grocery store. Everything I wanted has been available. Though I will say I'm paying more for some items.

@NicksmomESQ ...same here.  I have found what I needed but the prices have risen and they are going to, unfortunately, continue to rise.

Honored Contributor

Our meals are mostly simple and homemade. Everything on my list was available this morning when we shopped.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Our meals are mostly simple and homemade. Everything on my list was available this morning when we shopped.

For us too.  Maybe we eat more simply in Wisconsin?

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Not first hand but second hand knowledge that what we have it have we are going to get, meaning if you are looking for your favorite grocery store item and it's not there, chances are it's not coming back.

Producers have scaled by their sku numbers due to labor shortages and material shortages.

I was looking for the 4-5" romp n chomp sticks that get inserted into the Nylabone dog bone holder and they have been discontinued.   I have plenty of the plastic dog bone holders but no sticks, I can stick other soft treats in the hole so it's not a total loss.

@Just Bling 

We have the large Nylabone we stick treats into as well.  We use "Chew Bones" from Canine Carry Outs.  The 2.8 oz size is at our grocery store.

Canine Carry Outs Beef Flavor Dog Snacks, 50-Ounce

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

@Just Bling 

We have the large Nylabone we stick treats into as well.  We use "Chew Bones" from Canine Carry Outs.  The 2.8 oz size is at our grocery store.

Canine Carry Outs Beef Flavor Dog Snacks, 50-Ounce

@Just Bling 

SO sorry!  I entered the right company's package, wrong item!  THIS is the item Shadow loves!

The round pieces fit that bone perfectly.

SO sorry for the mix up!

Regular Contributor

Yes, some items are hit and miss.   One item that I am really having trouble finding is Nabisco cinnamon graham crackers.   I like to have these around when I want something sweet.   I have one box left and have been looking in all the stores around me.   They have the honey grahams but not the cinnamon.   I did look on Amazon, but the price was too high.   Hopefully, they are not discontinued.   

Trusted Contributor

I'm finding most things I like at the grocery store. I was finally able to buy 12 packs of Diet 7Up cans but now cannot find the mini sized cans. Plenty of sugared 7Up and other sodas but no mini Diet 7Up (or Diet A&W Root Beer.)

I never finish a full sized can and I like the small diet root beer for root beer and vanilla ice cream floats.

Otherwise most things are available. I saw the first packs of printed Bounty paper towels last week. Silly thing but it lifted my spirits from the long lockdown. Like seeing the crocuses in Spring. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

For months now I've noticed my local independently owned grocery store no longer carries the items most people are buying at WalMart and Dollar General, such as basic office supplies, pet food, shampoo, first aid, and cleaning supplies.