Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't think he ever left, his robes and whatever are seasonal.  Winter is coming, Christmas is coming and shoppers will be looking for robes and night gowns for their grandmothers and great aunts.  

@chrystaltree- why just grandmothers and great aunts? What about sisters, nieces, daughters and granddaughters?

Sheesh.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Glad to see him on here, i have two robes from him ,that are years ,and years old,they are terrycloth.

Trouble is, his garments just last and are so loved, that he misses out on 'repeat business'.

He'd like you to buy a new one.

@x Hedge- guess what? I did buy a new one this afternoon. I  had no idea he still had stock on the Q. I just love it! It's gorgeous velour/fleece in a pink rose shade, and it's lined in the same fabric as the outside. It looks like it's going to be perfect, unless it's too short, in which case I'll just exchange it for the regular length. I can't wait to get it!

Esteemed Contributor

For those who wonder about Stan Herman's age, here he is at his 90th birthday party in September 2018! Stan Herman’s 90th birthday was a milestone, second only to the fact that his designer friends pulled off a surprise party.

Stan HermanStan Herman 90th birthday party, New York, USA - 13 Sep 2018

Orchestrated by the CFDA, Thursday night’s toasting was held at Donna Karan’s Urban Zen. Diane von Furstenberg, Steven Kolb, Mary McFadden, Patricia Underwood, Derek Lam, Prabal Gurung, Yeohlee Teng, Nicole Miller, Monika Tilley, Reed Krakoff, Peter Som, Kay Unger, Jeffrey Banks, Amy Chan, Ron Chereskin, Rafe Totengco, Fern Mallis, Michael Schwarz and Gerard Yosca were among the well-wishers. When the five-minute warning was announced, guests were instructed to pipe down and hide behind the furniture.

When the guest of honor arrived, he was momentarily overwhelmed by the surprise as Bernadette Peters led the crowd in a round of “Happy Birthday.” Hiding his face in his hands, he took a minute to compose himself before explaining how he completely fell for Marylou Luther’s ruse that they were going to a new restaurant upstairs at Urban Zen. Sounding a little winded after the two-flight walk, Herman said, “I am the biggest schmuck in the world. I’m walking up those stairs and thinking, ‘There’s a restaurant there? Are you crazy? I know that place downstairs.’”

Shaking his head with laughter, Herman said, “Let me tell you this. This is nine decades that I have been in this wonderful city that has been so wonderful to me. There was a moment in my life when I lost the love of my life — 40 years ago — that the CFDA came into my life, and it became my life. If I didn’t have it, I think I would have melted away. I would have been another designer who was here and gone.”

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STAN HERMAN!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Stan Herman

[ Edited ]

Stan Herman is in fabulous shape for 90 years young! So much energy and always upbeat and positive. What a great man and favorite designer of loungewear. Always so much fun to watch on-air. 

Loved his 100% cotton chinelle robes with the front zippers. Mine have finally been retired. <sob> How I wish he'd bring them back. Can't wear polyester blends; it doesn't breathe.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor
Stan Herman just seems like a very nice man....I would love to just sit down and talk with him...bet he has lots of stories to tell!
Esteemed Contributor

I am SO in the minority, as I have always preferred night gowns.  Purchased several of Stan's knit fabric mid-calf night gowns more than 20 years ago and continue to wear them.  The blue one has become a bit thin, but, thankfully, the light green one is a bit thicker.  I know I'll never be able to replace them, as any night gown I find is flimsy and inappropriate for winter.  Will wear Stan's gowns until they fall apart.

Honored Contributor

I had no idea he was still on here, i wonder if his items are made in the USA?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I had no idea he was still on here, i wonder if his items are made in the USA?

@goldensrbest- sadly not. They are advertised as "Imported."

But they can still be great quality anyway. Here's hoping.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't think he ever left, his robes and whatever are seasonal.  Winter is coming, Christmas is coming and shoppers will be looking for robes and night gowns for their grandmothers and great aunts.  

Perhaps your grandchildren will get you one.

===========

Unless her SILs decide she'd look better in Victoria's Secret lingerie! They absolutely adore her.

Respected Contributor
I always thought Stan Herman was in his late 70s or early 80s. The fact that he is still vibrant and working at age 90 is amazing.