Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sponsors dropping The View

@Lotus wrote:

Another instance of people making something out of nothing.

yes, day after day, after day..

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Trusted Contributor

@Lotus wrote:

I missed it live, so I googled the original statement by Joy.

Personally, I really don't think she was making fun of nurses......but making a joke about what the contestant chose to do for the "talent" part of the competition.  And why is what Joy said worse than what the other gal said ?

ITA! Some people have NOTHING better to do than to look for something to be offended by. REALLY sad.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Wait a  minute ..............

I thought the original discussion was about the Miss Amer contestant wearing a nurse's uniform & stethescope while reading isn't really a "talent" ....  the reference being that it was a bad choice for the Talent Competition.   

So why would nurses get upset about that?    You don't have to be "talented" to read ....  you need to know how to read.   

What did I miss ??

You missed the fact that people have to be offended by something so this is the cause du jour.

I have 2 nurses in my immediate family and my DH has a nurse in his immediate family.  I saw my DH's relative over the weekend and asked about this.  She laughed and said she couldn't believe how hysterical people were getting over something said by someone on The View.

She then said she YouTubed what it was and didn't think it was nearly as bad as people were making it out to be and said it didn't affect her one way or the other.  She didn't really care what Joy or anyone else said about nurses. She knows what she does and how important her job is.  Period.

She also felt it was a stupid thing to do for "talent."

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I really, really, really dislike this show.  I tried to watch a few times, and it just grated on my nerves.  I just never cared for the hosts and their attitudes.  It seemed like they were all trying to be "the star".  Everyone talking at once, interrupting each other, and their yelling and cackling was just too much for me.  Mereidth Viera (?) I think was the only decent host they ever had. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wilma wrote:

I really, really, really dislike this show.  I tried to watch a few times, and it just grated on my nerves.  I just never cared for the hosts and their attitudes.  It seemed like they were all trying to be "the star".  Everyone talking at once, interrupting each other, and their yelling and cackling was just too much for me.  Mereidth Viera (?) I think was the only decent host they ever had. 

I think this show has had its effects on other shows. I was watching This Week yesterday, and the round table discussion that used to once be a polite give and take was suddenly everyone talking at the same time.  It was annoying because they were discussing crucial issues.

Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@wilma wrote:

I think this show has had its effects on other shows. I was watching This Week yesterday, and the round table discussion that used to once be a polite give and take was suddenly everyone talking at the same time.  It was annoying because they were discussing crucial issues.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I'd say the show that really lacked civility and began the quarrelsome and rude behavior on political talk was CrossFire, not the View. Jon Stewart was instrumental in bringingg that show down but it hasn't gone away. Let's get real, FNC uses the technique RCG speaks about as it's MO and method to influence it's viewers more than the View women.

Esteemed Contributor

Btw, speaking of insulting people, is there anyone who thinks Outnumbered and The Five aren't "guilty" of what the perception of The View is ? They insult decent people every day but I'll defend their right to do so even though I don't ever agree with them.
Respected Contributor

Nurses at my doctor,s office, in the hospital, etc., always wear stethoscopes. They use them, probably more than the docs,.
Esteemed Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
Btw, speaking of insulting people, is there anyone who thinks Outnumbered and The Five aren't "guilty" of what the perception of The View is ? They insult decent people every day but I'll defend their right to do so even though I don't ever agree with them.

I think every show has that format but many better educated or well informed people participate.